Fast Running Blog
May 06, 2024, 08:04:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: History of the FastRunningBlog  (Read 19207 times)
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 08:20:30 pm »

It was nuts - I wonder if a miler really goes that crazy with mileage, though?  A marathoner, sure and more.  But a miler?  Does anyone know if an Olympic caliber miler would go 130, 140 + miles/week?  My favorite chapter is the one on Demons - in fact I am changing my blog title if I ever get around to it.
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2008, 08:21:29 pm »

Oh... and Dustin said he is ready for a good read, so I'll pass it along to him and then maybe when someone comes down for Painter's or something we'll move it along.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 02:22:20 pm »

Your lecture would make more sense if you posted it in the appropriate thread. It takes 3 seconds.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 02:27:45 pm »

Your lecture would make more sense if you posted it in the appropriate thread. It takes 3 seconds.

Wink  It made me smile, Paul.  But should we be worried that we both knew which thread he meant to post in?
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 02:29:43 pm »

Wink  It made me smile, Paul.  But should we be worried that we both knew which thread he meant to post in?

I'm not worried, since I started the other thread.
Superfly
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 03:19:05 pm »

LOL. Yeah 3 seconds and you'd be in the right place.

I don't have the numbers for you but I'm sure since you changed it a few months ago people are not spending as much time on the blog... which can't be good overall. Several of us use to live on here and now rarely come on.... If it was my blog I'd feel like that was less effective... IMHO again.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008, 04:11:26 pm »

Sorry about the confusion. Good thing about databases is that one query can move several posts at once where they should be.

I am not sure if I want people living on the blog, either. Enter your workout, check if anybody is requesting help on the message board, and move on to do something that pays the bills. I am perfectly happy with that.

Clyde - as far as commercial interest is concerned, having the blog at all has been less effective and will be even more so in the next few years. I do not think we will get out of the economic recession for a while if ever. But the blog still has some value, so I'll keep it around. However, I cannot afford spending hours and hours of work on things that do not make a whole lot of difference. If people who really care to do so are able to enter workouts, and get help with their training, that's good enough.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2008, 04:20:09 pm »

No, we runners are nerdy enough as it is, so it's better not to a cyber-geek to boot. In all reality, I'm pretty happy with the blog as it is. The purpose of starting this thread was for sheer nostalgia to back when things were simple and very, very small. With more and more users coming on board, it's natural to lose some of that "familiness", and also normal for people to start demanding more and more stuff (features, etc.).
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 05:09:22 pm »

I want the blog to do my workouts for me!!!
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008, 05:14:45 pm »

I want the blog to do my workouts for me!!!

Yeah, and why is it so cold out?!
Burt McCumber
Posting Member

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2009, 03:46:41 pm »

Paul, your next entry will be your 500th.  I hope it is a Shakespearean masterpiece.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 09:38:33 am »

Holy Moly, I'm a Cyber Boltun! Is that like a robotic Michael Boltun? I'm now Sasha's equal, so I don't know where to go from here...
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2009, 11:21:39 am »

Welcome to the elite group.  I don't expect we will get a 4th member for many months.

What is a Cyber Boltun, anyways?
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2009, 12:44:07 pm »

What is a Cyber Boltun, anyways?

I assume it's a chatty Russian woman or something like that.
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2009, 02:01:34 pm »

Just testing how many posts I have to date
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: