Fast Running Blog
May 06, 2024, 04:05:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: FRB Summer Running Camp  (Read 37142 times)
mike warren
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2008, 09:28:33 am »

Clyde, I think you really have an awesome idea here!  I wish I could go hang with you guys for a week, but it will be a no go for me.  We have some family vacation time planned this summer and my kids are getting older, so spending time with them is a major priority for me.  Thanks, I appreciate your effort in trying to make running fun for everyone. 

Just my 2 cents, I don't possibly see how you would hurt yourself by participating in this event.  I attended many basketball and football camps, while in high school.  The fact of the matter is simple, coaches would not be pushing camps many times making them mandatory, if they did not produce results.  The knowledge, skills, friendships and just the enormous motivational boost I gained in my experiences with camps, was priceless.  Therfore Sasha, I will have to disagree with you.  This will be a great opportunity to gain workout knowledge from your peers.  Also, it's a nice break in the constant rigors of training, you now something to change things up and rejuvinate.  But maybe the single most important thing, would be to support your friends when they are trying to do something good.  I don't think Clyde has anything but good intentions here, so I am all for supporting him with this camp.  Even though I will not be attending, I will be more than happy to help anyway possible.  Good job Clyde, keep up the good work!
Superfly
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2008, 11:34:18 am »

I'll be talking with my aunt and uncle this weekend about rooms and rates for the camp. So try to decide how long and how many rooms you may want so when I find out price and stuff we can plan all of that out. I know right now Paul wants a room, Dave and his family, The PV runners (boys, and girls?), Steve Hooper and family, possibly Jon and Cody... Anyways think about what days you will be down and I should know by the end of the week what kind of deal we can get.
Ted Leblow
Posting Member

"Don't give up...don't ever give up." - Jimmy V.

« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2008, 09:15:37 am »

I need to talk to the family about going but if we do we would definitely want a room as well. We would need a room with two queens if available and would look at coming for the week, maybe 7-12 July if we can make it. I can let you know for sure pretty soon.
Christi
Lurker

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2008, 07:29:09 am »

I realized the camp dates will be over my non-running hubby's Birthday.  I think that will count us out.  Sounds fun though, I'll watch for more discussion.
Superfly

« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2008, 12:22:50 pm »

I've confirmed the price for the rooms. It will be 45$ a night. She is holding all the rooms for those dates for us for about two weeks and then I'll need to confirm exactly who needs what and when you'll need it. So let me know asap. FYI there is still free grass for your tent to help the pocket book.
Josse

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2008, 03:00:08 pm »

So what are the exact dates?
Superfly

« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2008, 04:09:19 pm »

It will be the week of July 7-12. That's Monday-Saturday. That is when I'll be there and have things set up. Others have mentioned that they will be there for the whole week as well but many plan on maybe just doing Thurs-Sat or whatever works with their schedule.
Michelle Lowry

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2008, 07:48:43 pm »

What is their cancellation policy on the rooms?  I would like to reserve one but reserve the right to cancel with adequate notice.
Superfly

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2008, 08:08:19 pm »

I'm not sure what their policy is... but I'm guessing 24 hours or something normal like that. However I'd like to know what peoples plans are on a fairly firm scale within a couple weeks. Then if something bad happens you could always cancel.
But to all- don't reserve a room if your only like 30% sure your coming. Because there are only 12 rooms and they will go fast to runners and the normal tourists. I'd say to reserve a room if your 85% or better for sure your coming and then if something comes up you can cancel and then we can do the switch-o-changeo thing.
Michelle Lowry

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2008, 06:31:53 pm »

Ok, so I got around to telling Paul about the camp.  He was asking about what our options for summer trips.  I mentioned the running camp.  He said that if he was good at giving the stink-eye I would be getting it right now.  Cry  I'll see if I can win him over to the idea, but it doesn't sound fun at all to him. 
Josse

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2008, 07:40:50 pm »

I got the same reaction from my husband.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2008, 07:42:41 pm »

I had buy-in from my roommate, but I think I'm going to end up passing this year since I'm doing Northwest Passage Relay later in the month.
Cody Draper
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2008, 08:33:18 pm »

I am afraid that I am with Paul on this one.  I just dont have enough vacation time to do everything I want to and will have to pass.  Bummer.
James Barnes
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2008, 09:00:20 pm »

I am still planning on coming sometime because I wanted to go to that area this summer anyway.  It might be Monday-Wednesday for us though, we'll see.  We will likely tent it!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: