Fast Running Blog
May 05, 2024, 07:19:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Provo City Half-Marathon  (Read 8078 times)
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« on: March 14, 2008, 12:04:25 pm »

The Provo City Half Marathon will be held in Provo on April 5th, 2008. The start is at 8:00 AM, start and finish are both at the Provo Tabernacle downtown. Good tune up for Utah Valley Marathon, Salt Lake, or Ogden. The course is mostly flat, goes partially through town, partially on the Provo River Trail. Ted's cadets will be shooting the cannon at the start. There is prize money.

See

http://run13.com/

for more details and to register.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 08:58:09 am by Sasha Pachev » Logged
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 10:00:02 pm »

Anyone else had success looking at this website?  I tried the link and typing in www.run13.com and neither worked for me.
Josse

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 10:03:52 pm »

It worked for me.
Ted Leblow
Posting Member

"Don't give up...don't ever give up." - Jimmy V.

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 09:43:43 am »

Michelle,

I think you should run this. I think you can win it and it comes with a nice pay day of $250 plus other prizes according to the race director when I talked to him. Talk to Sasha if you want to get one of the comps.
Michelle Lowry

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 12:54:00 pm »

Thanks Ted.  I am going to do it.  I think that the 8am start is really good (if it were 9am that might be too late for me).  I would ask if you want to pace me, but your knee sounds really hurt now.  Dang!

Here's an open call to anyone who wants to pace me.  I'll have to think about an appropriate pace. . .I guess that's important.
James Winzenz

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 12:49:22 pm »

BTW, I believe the winners also get a free entry to SGM!  If my knee manages to hold up, Lybi and I will be there, but I will be too slow for you - I am aiming for 6:40 miles.
Michelle Lowry

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 01:44:15 pm »

That will be awesome that you might come up. I actually am thinking to start at 6:40 and drop from there as I feel good.  So we could start together.  Your fitness has improved so much this year, it has been impressive!
Josse

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 03:32:51 pm »

Lybi and I will be there
I thought you guys where doing the strider's half in Ogden?
adam

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 04:15:24 pm »

If anyone looking to do this run wants someone to pace them at 7:20-7:40 pace, let me know. I'm in the area and will be doing 13 or so somewhere in provo at that pace anyways that day, and all the better if I can help someone race well. 

Also, my wife's office is about 2 blocks away from the start line and so if anyone needs a place to store some stuff or park let me know. I'm sure she'll volunteer it up without a problem. There is also a parking garage right next to the provo tabernacle for a good place to warm up (or park if it is open).
James Winzenz

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 09:03:18 pm »

I thought you guys where doing the strider's half in Ogden?

We were originally planning on doing Strider's, but had a change of plans, as we will be staying with Sasha and Sarah.  We are going to miss meeting all those who will be doing Strider's, but hopefully we will have a big pre-race blog party for SGM again as well (assuming we all get in).
James Winzenz

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 03:54:45 pm »

If anyone is planning on running and has not yet registered, please let me know.  I have asked the organizers if they can refund my entry fee, since I will not be able to run, and they asked me to check to see first if anyone could take my place.  Please contact me directly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: