Fast Running Blog
May 07, 2024, 08:22:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone have a way to get a last minute St George Marathon Entry  (Read 2726 times)
Dean Bullock
Lurker

« on: October 02, 2008, 11:43:48 am »

My wife won an entry into the marathon and I don't want to be left out. I really want to run the race on the up and up. I will do just about do anything, if you know away.
Cameron Clarke
Lurker

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 12:48:20 pm »

My dad has had things come up and he gave his number away to a co-worker a couple years ago. Finding someone who has decided not to run is just about your only option.

I'm pretty sure you have to show ID when you pick up your number too, otherwise I do have a friend who isn't running and he would give you his number. The only problem is he's at SUU right now, and isn't going to St. George over the weekend.

EDIT: Scratch that. I just called him and he already gave it away. Sorry mate.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 12:58:12 pm by Cameron Clarke » Logged
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 01:21:04 pm »

Plus  running with somebody else's bib is considered bad ethics at the very least, and in theory could cause legal trouble. Do not do it.

Although I've done it once, and still do not feel bad about it. I was 12 years old and it was in the USSR. It was the biggest road race they had in the country at the time for youths. The race required a medical certificate to participate. Because I have 20/800 vision in my right eye they would not give it to me. My 14 year old training partner got sick and could not run so I took his number. The race was a 10 K. I wanted to run it under 40:00. My training partner said there was no way I could do it. I ended up running 37:38. This got him 7th place in his age division. I would have won the 12 year old age division with a course record (unless of course there was another 12 year old in a similar situation that was faster, who knows, but I did not see any little kids ahead of me after the turnaround, and none passed me). I eventually managed to obtain the medical certificate by wearing a contact lens during the eye exam. Back then those were a novelty in the Soviet Union, so the eye doctor did not think to check for it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: