Fast Running Blog
May 06, 2024, 04:10:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Running Music  (Read 13106 times)
Kory Wheatley
Posting Member

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2007, 10:22:14 pm »

I train with music.  I usually listen to soft rock or worship music.   But I usually don't run races with music.  In races I usually forget to turn it on, like in TOU.
Dustin Ence
Posting Member

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 01:03:07 pm »

I can run without music, but I've really come to enjoy running with my ipod, probably because I don't have to listen to my heavy breathing.  I usually listen to hard rock (AC/DC, Motley Crue, Nickleback) and sometimes hip-hop on hard days.  Mainly I listen to more mellow stuff on easy days (Dave Matthews, John Mayer, Maroon 5, and Jack Johnson) along with a lot of classic rock.
adam
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2007, 02:07:31 pm »

Sometimes on the easier days I go out with an MP3 player, or on some longer runs when I just feel like having it around. But its definitely a not everyday things. I can say though that my playlist has probably one of the weirdest ranges that I can think of including people like:

Jason Aldean
Josh Turner
Bach
Handel
Union Station
Metallica
AC/DC
Black Sabbath
Beastie Boys
Cake
Frank Sinatra
G & R
Incubus
Nelly
RATM
CCR
Mozart

Those are just some of them right now
James Winzenz

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2007, 03:44:46 pm »

WOW, Adam, that is truly a motley assortment of artists.  I'm not sure I could listen to Bach and then turn around and put on some heavy metal - I didn't know they were compatible . . .
Laura
Lurker

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2007, 09:20:36 pm »

Wow, I haven't checked the discussion forum in a while - I'm glad you started this, Mik'L.  I've been wanting to know the same thing.  Some of my favorite songs to run to are:

Celine Dion "I Drove all Night" and "Coulda Woulda Shoulda"
Dixie Chicks "Wide Open Spaces"
Lonestar "Come Crying to Me" and "Mr. Mom"
Phil Collins "Strangers Like Me" from Tarzan - ha!
They Might Be Giants "Lucky Ball & Chain" and "Women & Men"
Proclaimers "I'm on My Way"
English Beat "Bubblin Hot"
Sara Evans "As if"
Rascal Flatts "Feels Like Today"

I listen to others, too, but these tend to get me going faster without even thinking about it!
Logan Fielding
Lurker

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2007, 12:45:42 pm »

Yeah!  Something I can contribute to!  I've just started running and just started running with music, so I'm still feeling it out.  I've tried listening to whatever comes up on my MP3 player, but that sometimes gets annoying when I run into something that I don't want to run to (stuff that I like to listen to, but not while I'm running).  Lately, I've found that the best music for me to run to is Christian music.  It takes my focus off the running and puts it on God.  I'm not saying that that is good for speed or for a good workout, it's mostly good for praising God while you run.
Logan Fielding
Lurker

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2007, 12:46:37 pm »

Ummm....I'm not sure how I got logged on as Logan, but this is Stacy.  Weird.  That last post was me.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2007, 01:07:32 pm »

Logan used our laptop in NY, so now it logs in as him by default when you go to the message board.
Stacy
Lurker

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2007, 05:19:32 pm »

I fixed it.  I'm me again!
Bethany
Lurker

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2007, 09:34:41 pm »

Kory and Stacy- what kind of gospel/christian music do you suggest?
Brent Barney
Lurker

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 06:40:29 pm »

Music to match the run, speed workout, need speed:  ACDC, Blondie, Pat Benatar, Gwen Stafani - Long and slow: Beatles assortment, imagine is at the top, eagles, doors, led zeplin.  No music in races, got to soak in all the racing vibes.  Also, it bugs me to have someone in a race weaving all over the road listening to music during a race.  It is hard enough to pass without runners breaking a music move. 
Christi
Lurker

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2007, 08:47:12 pm »

No Doubt is one of my favorites.  Also Me First and the Gimmee Gimmees  (they do pop punk 80's covers, fun stuff).  I'm always looking for good tunes too.  I found I've resorted to upbeat top 40 lately I'm sorry to say...
Jim Skaggs
Lurker

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2007, 12:54:40 pm »

I usually don't run with music for a couple reasons, first, I can't walk and chew gum at the same time, what makes me think I can run and listen to music, second, i want to hear that car just before it hits me, or that mountain lion just before it leaps on my neck.  i also like to hear the sounds of nature when I'm on the trails.
adam

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2007, 03:26:23 pm »

Jim,

Any relation to the great Ricky Skaggs? That's some fine pickin'.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: