Fast Running Blog
May 06, 2024, 03:49:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lydiard training method  (Read 2423 times)
James Winzenz
Frequently Posting Member

« on: November 28, 2007, 05:01:02 pm »

OK, so I posted on my blog about some pain on the top of my left foot for the last couple of days, and got some helpful tips about the method I use to lace my running shoes.  This led me to the following website:  http://www.lydiardfoundation.org, which presents the training technique developed by Arthur Lydiard.  I see a lot of this technique in the top runners' blogs on this site.  Is anyone here more familiar with Lydiard's training method and can offer their own feedback on this method?  One of the things that is emphasized, which I feel is sorely lacking from my training, is the inclusion of 1) hill training, 2) anaerobic training (I know, this is something that will need to come further down the road, not now), and 3) speed training.  Any comments appreciated.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 09:10:51 am »

Hill/anaerobic training is icing on the cake. You must have a very solid cake first, and that is aerobic base. Lydiard method suggests an aerobic base building phase that lasts for as long as you can possible afford it. Then you sharpen with the hills and track speed work. Most if not all successful distance runners today use a training method that has its roots in the Lydiard's method.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: