Fast Running Blog
May 05, 2024, 03:16:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jogging stroller techniques  (Read 3094 times)
Lulu
Lurker

« on: November 09, 2007, 09:56:46 am »

Please describe the way you push the jogging stroller on the flats, up hills and down hills. I am sure we all could learn a tidbit or two from each other.
What I do: I run right behind one of the back wheels of the Chariot and push with one hand and swing the other arm. At approximately 30 sec to 1 min intervals, I let go, migrate to the other side, and switch hands. It sounds complicated but it is quite smooth and it works. Up hills I often have to push with both hands and lean forward. Down hills I grab the "runaway" strap and hang on for dear life focusing on good feet turn over.
Post up the techniques to I can try them! Thanks.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 11:34:32 am »

Flat - downhill: push with one hand, fairly hard push, hold the safety strap, let the stroller roll forward and pull you as well, catch up, repeat.

Uphill or into a headwind: hold with both hands, lean forward on the stroller with your arms straight, and try to hold the rest of your body as straight as possible, particular attention to not leaning at the waist. Use the wheels of the stroller as the front legs of a four-legged animal, and your legs as the hind legs. If you are doing it right, you will experience a springy feeling from your calf to the hamstring and quad, and all the way into the glut and lower spine.

Turns: lift the front wheel off the ground, and make a brisk movement with your arms and shoulders to turn the stroller. Avoid slowing down, rhythm becomes particularly important with the extra weight.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 06:23:17 pm »

Flat- push with on hand (usually right), body right behind
Down- both hands, fast turnover
Up- One or both hands
Josse
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 09:54:40 pm »

I listen to my son say can't you go faster mommy!
Faster faster faster, look a tractor,  I want a drink, can I run too?, I want to go home, are we done yet?, look horses mommy, faster faster faster, your slowing down, faster faster faster, are we done yet?, I'm hungery, I need a drink, and so on.  I just push and try not to trip, mostly hold on with my right hand I try to switch but it feels unatural so I quilckly switch back.  FASTER MOM!
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 06:31:55 am »

Josse, I'm a right handed pusher, too.  Left feels weird.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: