Fast Running Blog
May 17, 2024, 12:47:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Running Ahead  (Read 2889 times)
Chad
Vocal Lurker

« on: July 22, 2008, 09:25:17 pm »

Has anyone looked at this running log site http://www.runningahead.com/ ?

There aren't many users (at least with publicly viewable logs) but the site has some interesting tools and training features and a generally clean layout.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 09:07:46 am »

I used this site for a few weeks last year when I was reviewing online training logs. Here is my log:

http://runningahead.com/logs/3bd304da39294ede840f576dd54b3c53

Note that you will have to flip back to January - March 2007 to see the workouts.

In my opinion, this is the best online training log out there. Shoe counter, graphs, user-defined database fields, mapping tools, graphics, and interface are all excellent and very, very robust. If I didn't use the blog, I would use this site.

Given that the tools, graphics, and useability on Running Ahead are so much better, then why do I still use the blog? Easy, the people. Despite having over 600 users, the Blog still has heart.
Chad
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 09:31:11 am »

I looked at some of your entries, Paul.  The data fields help distill data for quick viewing.

While I think that the RunningAhead site is useful for those technical features, I get the impression the site is designed more to get feedback from your own data as opposed to feedback from other people, as with the blog. I don't get much of a sense of community on that site.

Oh, while I'm thinking about it, I would like Sasha to install a new feature on the blog--the "Random Blog Generator."  Click a button and up pops some random person's most recent training blog.  A nice way to explore what is going on with the blog as the site continues to grow and it becomes harder and harder to keep up with the new faces.
Kory Wheatley
Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 11:19:41 am »

This looks like it does have some good tools so does www.trainingpeaks.com.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: