Fast Running Blog
May 11, 2024, 05:12:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to carry mace and phone when running?  (Read 3511 times)
April G
Posting Member

« on: September 18, 2008, 09:30:06 am »

Hello.  I am new to this blog but had an incident on my run today where I was bitten by a dog.  I run mostly on dirt roads outside the city and am wondering what it the best way to carry mace and maybe a cellphone while running?  Do you wear a fanny pack or get pockets with a zipper?  I hate running with something balled up in my hand so I was wondering what most folks do.
Thanks,
April
Carolyn Herlin
Lurker

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 09:40:05 am »

I wear a fanny pack that holds a water bottle and has a pouch that I put my cell phone in. I don't carry mace or pepper spray, but I probably should get some. I'm not sure how big those things are, but I would probably put it in the pouch as well. I just wonder if I would be able to get at it quick enough in an emergency. Maybe a pocket would be better for that.
AndyBrowning
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 10:24:48 am »

I carry a phone with me on all of my runs and just hold it in my hand.  If you are carrying mace, putting it in a fanny pack won't do any good because it would take to long to get to it.
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 10:30:51 am »

The pepper sprays/ tear gases I have bought, have clips on them, and I clip them to my shorts and tuck it into my shorts.  Very easy access.  Almost used it on James Barnes once Smiley
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 10:35:42 am »

You might be able to get an arm band for you phone. Most phones play mp3 now days, so it could be used as an iPod too.
James Winzenz
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 11:14:04 am »

My wife carries pepper spray when she runs alone outside - it came in a little holder that has a loop you put your hand through - similar to the products that you would use to carry a water bottle in, but this is much smaller and easily fits in your hand.  I don't recall where she got it from, but she has never yet had to use it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: