Fast Running Blog
May 07, 2024, 03:02:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sports Hernia  (Read 9842 times)
Cal
Lurker

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 04:42:08 pm »

I'll be exploring this topic further with my Sports Doc next Monday, but I was suffering with the same 'Sports Hernia' type symptoms in varying degrees from June thru August.  During the same period I started to develop 'Piriformis Syndrome' pains, as well.  My theory is that I may have altered my running form in response to the S.H. stuff and possibly may have caused the P.S. symptoms to develop.

Fortunately, taking doses of prednisone, taking time off, and adding core exercises to treat the Piriformis Syndrome seems to have greatly diminished my Sports Hernia pains as well.  (I can actually sneeze right now without grimacing)
Tom
Posting Member

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 06:15:24 pm »

I'll be exploring this topic further with my Sports Doc next Monday, but I was suffering with the same 'Sports Hernia'  type symptoms in varying degrees from June thru August.  During the same period I started to develop 'Piriformis Syndrome' pains, as well.  My theory is that I may have altered my running form in response to the S.H. stuff and possibly may have caused the P.S. symptoms to develop.

Cal I think there maybe is some type of correlation between the PS and the SH. A few weeks before SGM I also started having the hip/glute problems consistent with PS pains. I was first thinking is was just my high-hamstring tendonitis acting up but then I was noticing this was a little different than that pain, a bit more toward the outside of the glute.

Glad you can sneeze now without trauma. I don't dare try it yet but I suppose sooner or later a sneeze is going to sneak up on me before I can supress it. Hope that prednisone will help me out.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: