Fast Running Blog
May 11, 2024, 10:06:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: overly stiff/sore postrace  (Read 2070 times)
Dawson Hinton
Lurker

« on: May 16, 2008, 10:35:06 pm »

So, I ran the Hurricane half marathon back on May 3rd.  I ran one time during the following week, but it was a nice slow pace (almost 2 minutes per mile slower than my normal pace).  After that I gave it a whole week off to rest.  I have since run a total of 15 miles this week, and every one of them has been slow and painfull for me!  My quads, hamstrings, and calves have been very sore, and I have been getting a lot of aches/stitches in my side lately.  I usually have to slow to a walk for a couple of minutes to get the side aches to go away.  I do everything the sme as before, but what has changed?  I am stumped, and a little frustrated right now.  Can anyone offer any imput?
Josse
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 03:16:57 pm »

I would think you electrolytes are out of wack.  And you are not moving your toxin out of your body.  Really push the water at least 3-4 Liters a day.  and get a good electrolyte supplement.  I would get a massage as well to help push the stuff out of your legs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: