Fast Running Blog
May 11, 2024, 02:37:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: determination vs. energy  (Read 1962 times)
Brian
Lurker

« on: January 24, 2008, 08:36:26 am »

....just a thought today while running outside....the more I run, the more I realize something about myself....my determination, overall, is much sronger than my energy level while running. I think I strenghtened that through my practice of meditation. It takes strong determination to sit for hours at a time....I have experienced peacefulness, agitation, depression, intense pain, joy and fatigue all within an hour. And through continuous practice, realized the reality of impermenance, and the wisdom  that the truth can only be realized through direct experience....otherwise, it is only intellectual entertainment. I use this wisdom and the guidance of other runners on this forum in my quest to run a marathon. I think this determination will greatly benefit me, but I also realize that it can hurt me through overtraining....so I need to keep it all in perspective.
I just love how the mind works while running.....its the time that I feel most insightful, and also, its the time that I am able to think out solutions to many of my problems......its a great thing!
Thank you all for sharing all your experiences and all the advice you offer.
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 11:28:07 am »

When I was trying to get in shape last fall, my determination mentally was always stronger than my legs. 

I was thinking about this today too.  I was doing some speed and my head was not in it, but my legs generally cooperated.  So I was experiencing the opposite phenomenon.  I need the legs and the head for optimal performance, though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: