Fast Running Blog
May 10, 2024, 07:40:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Keeping track of you "plan"?  (Read 1948 times)
Emery
Lurker

« on: August 25, 2008, 09:46:53 am »

I'd like to ask how everyone keeps track of their training plan..?

Right now I use an Excel spreadsheet. But I'm also just using very simple mileage goals.. run 3mi M,W,F, 2mi T,R.. etc.. so I can easily make a spreadsheet to hold that. I know that most of the bloggers out there have WAY more complicated plans than mine, that include distance/pace combos, Fartleks, strides, hills, etc, etc, where every day and every week are different, and I wonder how they keep track of it? How far out do they plan it? Day to day, week, month, race to race?! How often do you adjust your plan based off your performance? How much analysis of how well you are keeping w/ your plan, do you do? Do you look back over a week or month and figure out if you are bellow or above your plan? Or just go by feel?

I'm curious because it seems like a planning tool would be a great addition to the Fast Running Blog, but I wonder why no one has mentioned it before.. so I feel like I must be missing something.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 10:15:04 am »

I usually script out 4-5 months worth of workouts and target weekly mileage. I've used both Excel and my Polar training calendar for this, and print it out and pin it to my bulletin board for easy reference. The calendar gets adjusted as needed (life happens), but I tend to stick pretty close to the original plan.

I agree that a "future workout calendar/planner" would be a very handy Blog tool. I've thought this a few times, but keep forgetting to bring it up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: