Fast Running Blog
May 09, 2024, 04:29:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips for controlling weight loss?  (Read 1950 times)
Chris de Vos
Lurker

« on: December 17, 2009, 02:19:07 am »

As somebody who's just barely getting into actually running a good volume of miles (this week will be my first ever at 45+), and got into running after a failed attempt at rowing elite after college (having much muscle that's functionless in running), I'm definitely noticing the scale dropping, and have lost more than 15 pounds since I finished rowing. This isn't a bad thing, and I'm aware its great for speed, but do you guys have any tips for controlling that weight loss, to make sure I'm not losing weight too quickly? I'm at 204 right now (at height 6'7", so I'm not terribly chunky), and I was thinking of setting a preliminary basement of 195, which I'll hit in a month and a half, at the rate I've been losing weight.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 07:56:13 am »

I imagine based on your rowing background, you are losing a lot of muscle right now, particularly upper body. It may not be anything to be concerned about, as long as this loss plateaus soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: