Fast Running Blog
May 16, 2024, 03:23:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Red Hot Pink Chicks 1/2 Marathon  (Read 17077 times)
Marion McClellan
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 10:31:03 am »

Whoo Hoo!!  Two more RED HOT PINK CHICKS to party with Smiley  It's gonna be so much fun!!! Cheesy

Never Give Up!!! Never SURRENDER!!!!
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 04:43:34 pm »

SUE, I still have not gotten the shirts done (but it will be soon!)  If you have two shirts you want to send me I can get the stuff put on your shirts, too!
seesuerun
Lurker

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 04:05:05 pm »

Oh awesome! You are doing shirts?  I better get on the ball. I will need to get your address.
Marion McClellan
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 09:11:24 am »

NEW INFO-----The RHPC 1/2 Marathon is almost here.  It will be July 11th down Provo canyon.  The entry fee is a treat to share at the end AND a prize for another runner.  The prize should have something to do with Red, Hot, Pink or Chicks/chickens.  The grand prize is being donated by Patty's Ceramics in Provo.  I commissioned a ultra tacky red hot pink glitter covered chicken.  It should be awesome!  Now please know that ALL are welcome, runners, walkers, wheelchairs, bikes, strollers, dogs, WHATEVER!  Please come in costume (red and or hot pink) and be ready for fun.  The winner will most likely be cast into the river Smiley  We are looking for volunteers to help shuttle us up the canyon.  Please pimp out your spouses, children or other unsuspecting loved ones for these duties.  There will be no aide stations, so you will need to haul your own fluids and fuels.  We will have finisher medals- they are going to be SO cool!  There will be "special" prizes for any men who are courageous enough to do this run, and seriously, what red blooded male would not want to do this run with all of the super HOT chicks running around? Smiley
PLEASE forward this to others who may want to do it.  I need a head count for medals, so please RSVP asap.  I will have a large cooler of gatorade and water at the end.

seesuerun
Lurker

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 09:10:17 am »

Kellie I am too lazy! Go ahead and do your shirts. I probably won't get our shirts to you in time. Although my brother has a fancy T-shirt printing business if you want to send yours my way! He might give us a deal if we have his logo on the back or something.

Marion I was looking for a time. What time does this start? and is there a location? I have been known to not read things through completely before I ask questions so forgive me if you feel like you are repeating yourself Smiley

This will be great. Thanks ladies.
Marion McClellan
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 12:07:02 pm »

Sue- Josse is working on the course and we will have a meeting place soon.  We are going to meet at 6am to drive up to the start together Smiley  I have your email address in my inbox and will email you with the address asap.
ALSO- WE ARE GOING TO HAVE SPECIAL AWARDS FOR THE FIRST TIMERS.  Please let me know if it is your first time, so we can be ready for you Smiley

Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 06:54:15 pm »

Dang, I did not read this until just now!  The shirts are gone and off to get done.  I wish I had read this, a deal would have been good!!!  Next time send me a PM.  I rarely get on the discussion board because it only tends to tick me off.
Maurine Lee
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2009, 09:36:23 am »

Yeah, Kelli!  You are pretty controversial and annoying.
Marion McClellan
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2009, 02:43:55 pm »

The RHPC 1/2 Marathon is now officially called the "Michelle-Lowry's-Pain-in-the-Butt-Ankylosing-Spondylitis-Race-for the-Cure-Water-Proof-Dye-in-da-Blue-Crazy-Nut'n-Gonna-Stop-us-Fun-Lovin'-Red-HOT-Pink-Chicks" 1/2 Marathon.

Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2009, 09:29:29 pm »

Better change it back, I don't like it.  Too long.  Thanks for the support, though.
Marion McClellan
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2009, 08:03:06 am »

Too bad... David added a bit more Smiley  "Michelle-Lowry's-Pain-in-the-Butt-Sausage-Toed-Ankylosing-Spondylitis-Race-for the-Cure-Water-Proof-Dye-in-da-Blue-Crazy-Nut'n-Gonna-Stop-us-Fun-Lovin'-Red-HOT-Pink-Chicks" 1/2 Marathon.[/font][/color]
Unfortunately the only proceeds for this race will be old food and maybe some super cool, aka tacky, prizes Wink
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 08:06:56 am by Marion McClellan » Logged

Maurine Lee
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2009, 11:13:42 am »

Michelle - if you choose to show up and cheer us in on this race - I promise that I will throw Marion in the river so she will avoid the temptation of doing the same to you. (Got your back babe!).
Michelle Lowry

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2009, 09:54:24 am »

Maurine, not ignoring you, just chewing on it.  It just depends on how everything goes the next couple of weeks.  I considered wheeling down the course but my wheelchair shakes and acts like its going to fall apart at moderate elevation drops.
Marion McClellan
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2009, 03:30:08 pm »

Hola Chikas!
The Michelle-Lowry's-Pain-in-the-Butt-Sausage-Toed-Ankylosing-Spondylitis-Race-for the-Cure-Water-Proof-Dye-in-da-Blue-Crazy-Nut'n-Gonna-Stop-us-Fun-Lovin'-Red-HOT-Pink-Chicks" 1/2 Marathon is upon us Smiley  This is the new official name of our first RHPC 1/2.  (Sorry Michelle- I just can't help myself Wink
I have an address for the start and a time and everything Smiley
The address is 450 W 4620 N, Provo Utah.  The easiest way to get there is to take the Center Street Exit in Orem and head East (toward the mountains Wink--YES- Orem, NOT Provo.  This road will majically change into 4800 N in Provo as you head east.  You are going to turn right at 300 West.  (It is the light before the light that you turn into The Riverwoods Shopping Center.)  There is a large sign that says "Vintage....something" Wink   After you turn, this road is going to eventually veer right and then dead end at 450 W.  At the dead end, please go left and park in the parking by the playground.  We will meet there at 6 am.  The race will start at 6:30 am at the gas station at the mouth of the canyon.  Thank you to Josse for mapping this all out for us.
Please send me a confirmation email to verify your entry.  Please also let me know if this is your first 1/2.  Please don't forget a treat to share at the end and a prize for another runner.  This prize should have something to do with either, RED, HOT, PINK, or Chicks/chickens Wink ...or all four.  There will be several 5 gallon coolers with gatorade and water Smiley
Please also note that there will be NO aide stations.  You will need to bring your own fuel and fluid.  There are potties and water at a few places on the route.
This is also officially really more of a "training run."  Please only participate if you are trained for this distance.  We want everyone to have a GREAT time with some GREAT company.  Please forward this to any others that are planning on coming.
I am making finisher medals, race #'s, and awards for the first timers, so an RSVP would be WONDERFUL!!!
Hey- if anyone has any great ideas for the prizes for the brave men running and the first timers, let me know... or feel free to make some and bring them Smiley
Oh- the t-shirts should be done this week.  If you did not order one, there are a very few extra.  First pay... first get Wink  Email me if you are interested Wink 

Michelle Lowry

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2009, 11:50:38 am »

Hey, so it was a fun event today wasn't it?  I won the prize of the most treats eaten, especially since I was left to guard them while ya'll were racing (what a person to put in charge of guarding treats!).

Here's the order in which our runners came in today:

1. McKenzie Montague (MacK)                1:40:19  Winner of the wretched rainbow rooster
2. Julie Esplin                                       1:40:21
3. Josse Tobiasson                                1:41:17
4. Tyler Shepherd                                 1:41:18
5. Scott Stephenson                             1:42:15
6. Rhonda Harrop                                  1:44:08  Happy Birthday Rhonda!
7. Kristel Liddle                                     1:45:26
8. Kelli Stephenson                                1:45:29
9. Kyle Harrison                                     1:46:02
10. Michelle Nelson                                 1:46:09
11. Rachel (RAD) - what's your last name?  1:46:10  Winner of the coolest drawing prize Smiley
12. Julie Gomez                                     1:49:00
13. Kelli Shepherd                                  2:01:08
14.  JaNae Harrison                                2:02:52
15. Kylee McClellan                                2:03:10
16. Tiffany Roundy                                 2:06:47
17. Gloria Valgardson                              2:06:49
18. Leandra Call                                     2:07:52
19. Alexis Levie                                      2:07:53
20. Alisha Despain                                  2:07:56
21. Gordo (?)                                         2:08:00
22. Susanna Lew (Smooth)                       2:13:08
25. Angela Oldroyd                                  2:13:34