Fast Running Blog
May 01, 2024, 09:55:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: my Nintendo accomplishments  (Read 17122 times)
Dustin Ence
Posting Member

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 10:45:31 pm »

Finally, a great topic I can reply to.

Tecmo Bowl awesome game.  Bo Jackson was just brutal and the 49er's were pretty tough.  I also enjoyed Punch Out with little Mac, wasn't that his name?

I still have my NES and we play some Super Mario now and then.

My 6 year old son is a pro on pretty much every game we own.  We've gone from the original NES, to the first playstation, gamecube, and now the wii.  We just got Mario Kart for the Wii the other day, pretty fun game.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 07:01:49 am »

I think the biggest accomplishment would be if someone had ever beaten Contra using only 3 lives, no code allowed.  I love the game but can't say I have ever tried it without the code.
Brice
Lurker

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 07:56:07 am »

The two greatest NES games of all times, hands down were Mike Tyson's Punch out and Zelda.  My accomplishment for Zelda comes back when my friend Mike M. and I saved our money to get a subscription to Nintendo Power Magazine so we could get the free Zelda map.  We then turned his bedroom into our command center with the map tacked to the wall which we used to mark out where we have been and where we needed to go.  It still took us a while to beat, but by God we beat it Smiley

you can find the map here:
http://www.danwinckler.com/blog/archives/legend_of_zelda_overworld.gif
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008, 08:01:14 am »

I think the biggest accomplishment would be if someone had ever beaten Contra using only 3 lives, no code allowed.
Jon, I don't think that is even possible!

Bo Jackson was just brutal
I loved how other players just bounced off "Raider 34"!
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 08:17:42 am »

That reminds me, I've beaten both Mike Tyson and "Mr. Dream" in the two versions of Punchout (after Tyson got thrown in jail, they took him out of the game and replaced him with a white guy named Mr. Dream, who did exactly the same things, but was white. Go figure.). I'm quite proud of that accomplishment. Also, I can go all the way through RC Pro Am.

In Tecmo Bowl, I think the 49ers are the best, because they have the "hot read" on the shotgun play. Even if the opponent "picks your play", you can always dump off to the tight end for a completion. It's never intercepted for some reason. My other favorite glitch is blocking field goals and extra points with Lawrence Taylor (at least I think it's him). You can guy shoot through the line and tackle the place kicker every time.

Has anyone ever done the thing in Super Mario Bros. level 3-1 where you can get the infinite lives? That's pretty sweet.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 08:31:57 am »

Has anyone ever done the thing in Super Mario Bros. level 3-1 where you can get the infinite lives? That's pretty sweet.

I've seen it done but never done it myself- didn't have the patience and didn't need the guys.  But it is cool how the number turns into funky symbols and stuff like that.

I love Zelda, though the SNES Link to the Past is my favorite rather than the original.

Love Tecmo Bowl, too- I remember trying to watch the other guy's controller to see what play he was calling.  I have never enjoyed these new football programs at all (like Madden)- too confusing for me, and I have never had the time to learn them.  I think that is the way it is for many modern games and part of the reason so many of us enjoyed the "old school" games so much- they were so easy to learn but enjoyable to play.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 08:34:20 am »

Well, I must say that I enjoyed the Madden games quite a bit. At least the first N64 one. There was something great about being able to make your own players, and then something very amusing about turning my college cross country team into a Madden football team (a lot of 130 lb guys flying around). Ditto for NBA Live.
Scott Zincone
Posting Member

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 09:17:38 am »

Long live Glass Joe, Don Flamenco, Bald, Bull, and King Hippo !!!!

Adam R Wende
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2008, 09:47:09 am »

Metroid in under a day. Also, I will take anyone on in Super Nintendo Mario Carts...
Scott Zincone
Posting Member

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2008, 10:28:34 am »

Here's a link to the Mike Tyson Punch Out flash game.  I tried it for only a few seconds and it seemed to work.  But I did not know all the keyboard commands.

http://flashgamesite.com/play1085game.html

I really need to get outside and cut the grass now....too easy to sit here and play the old games !

Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 02:02:19 pm »

Oh, and how can I forget the magic 3-pointer spot in Double Dribble? If you do it right, you'll hit the 3 every single time! One time my friends and I stayed up all night trying to score 1000 points in a single game. We hypothesized that the game would explode if we achieved this impossibility. We finally did it, but the score just rolled over. Bummer.

Adam R Wende

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 02:06:58 pm »

All I can say is UP-UP-DOWN-DOWN-LEFT-RIGHT-LEFT-RIGHT-B-A-SELECT-START...
Dale
Posting Member

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2008, 04:47:16 pm »

Yes, but do you still remember the combinations for the arcade game Dragon's Lair?

I think I'll tell my wife that if she buys another horse I'm scouring eBay for an original I can restore and keep in the house to use for upper body workouts...
adam

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2008, 09:47:14 am »

I asked my sister about our highest tetris level last night and she said it was somewhere around 115 rounds. I don't remember how tetris did its levels, but we were on there for about 6-7 hours straight (breaking only for food) and it just kept getting faster and faster. it was finally too fast for us. we tried it again the next day but only got to like 68 before we realized it was consuming our lives...
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2008, 12:30:41 pm »

Kind of like this blog! Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: