Fast Running Blog
May 02, 2024, 01:13:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Northwest Passage Relay recruiting  (Read 33283 times)
Dale
Posting Member

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2008, 04:45:26 pm »

Yes Paul I would love to go and do this but I don't think my husband would be to excited about me going and spending a weekend with a bunch of guys.  Maybe if you don't get enough people you can ask him.  Doesn't hurt to watch does it.

Maybe you could recruit him to drive one of the vans!
Dale
Posting Member

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2008, 04:49:49 pm »

Yes Paul I would love to go and do this but I don't think my husband would be to excited about me going and spending a weekend with a bunch of guys.  Maybe if you don't get enough people you can ask him.  Doesn't hurt to watch does it.

Maybe you could recruit him to drive one of the vans!

Or thinking more clearly now, entice him with a short follow on vacation to the San Juan islands to do some whale watching.  The islands are beautiful...
Josse
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2008, 04:52:24 pm »

Maybe, but he doesn't so much like the running scene.  He is very supportive of me but thinks runners are weirdos.  
But that is a great idea about the island thing. 
Dale
Posting Member

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2008, 04:58:48 pm »

Maybe, but he doesn't so much like the running scene.  He is very supportive of me but thinks runners are weirdos. 
But that is a great idea about the island thing. 
Yes, I resemble that remark.
http://www.guidetosanjuans.com/
http://www.sanjuanweb.com/
They're gorgeous getaways.  The bad news is that July/August is the prime season there.  But there's plenty of other attractions in the area from the Olympic Mountains on the pennisula to Mount Rainier to Leavenworth, a Bavarian style town in the Cascade mountains, to the Emerald City (Seattle) itself.  Surely there is some carrot you could dangle....it's all in the sales pitch!
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2008, 05:07:35 pm »

but I don't think my husband would be to excited about me going and spending a weekend with a bunch of guys. 

...so you're saying you can do it if MichelleL does it? Then it's not just a bunch of guys...
Josse

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2008, 05:09:50 pm »

Maybe.  I really would have to talk to my husband and see.  And if you are desperate for someone to fill the spot I will ask.  But most likely you will fill it.
James Barnes
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2008, 06:57:23 pm »

If we can get enough people we could always go Ultra like, old times! 
I would be more concerned about my wife going to Washington for a weekend with Michelle than a bunch of guys! Smiley
Sean Sundwall
Posting Member

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2008, 11:53:12 am »

I am so glad you are putting together a team. You won't find a more beautiful place to run than Seattle. Just in case it's not obvious, that is our hottest and dryest time of year. Expect temperature away from the water to be mid-80s during the day. It's more humid than SLC here for sure, but don't be concerned. It's NOTHING compared to the midwest or east coast.

I *may* be able to help out with driving and I may even be able to provide shelter for a few folks but I need to check with the wife first. Also, my house is a good three hours from the starting line so it may not be worth saving a night of hotel fees.

Last year was the races first year so I would expect a more competitive field this time around.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2008, 01:01:05 pm »

I was out there during the race last year, and it was absolutely beautiful. Sunny and in the 70s. Even if it is in the 80s, that is better than 100 degrees in Salt Lake!

Thanks for the offer to help, Sean. We'll be in touch for sure.
James Barnes
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2008, 10:48:42 am »

Sean,
Would you be able to run with us if it isn't considered our "racing team", just some friends having a good time?
Craig Green
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2008, 01:23:18 pm »

Ya Sean, what's up? It's your home turf. You have to race it with us.
Craig Green
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2008, 01:27:01 pm »

Josse/Michelle- I have done WBR 3 times on mixed teams. There have never been issues with the guy/girl thing, but we always make sure to have the girls stick together in a van just to keep everyone comfortable. And, if we truly have a mixed team (at least 6 girls), then we just mix it up. In this case, we would be sensitive to the issue and make sure you weren't "in a van with a bunch of guys" Smiley
Josse

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2008, 06:53:17 pm »

The only thing I am worried about is the stench!
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2008, 08:11:51 pm »

I think Josse and Michelle are worried that we will figure out that girls don't smell like flowers after running 3 times in 24 hours.  Either that, or they know how bad guys stink...
Michelle Lowry

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2008, 06:46:33 am »

I am worried about sticky seats.  Girls don't ever stink.  We don't sweat.  We never pass gas.  We never have to go to the bathroom.  And after three times running in one day, our curls will be in place and our make up will not have smudged.  Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: