Fast Running Blog
May 05, 2024, 11:42:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two-a-days  (Read 3619 times)
allie
Posting Member

« on: June 29, 2008, 07:03:21 pm »

I am getting into my higher mileage weeks in my training plan for the TOU Marathon in September. I am working a lot and don't really have time to go on a 12-miler in one shot. What do you guys think about two-a-days? I have been doing easy miles (4-5) in the morning on the treadmill, then finishing the workout in the evening, adding in the speed workout and extra miles that I was unable to complete in the morning. Is this a bad idea??? Both for energy/recovery reasons as well as the fact that my workouts are being split and not being done all at once?

(Trying my best to train properly, but work and life can get in the way sometimes)
Adam R Wende
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 09:20:26 pm »

Allie, I'm sure you will got some good replies to this. My quick answer is yes. It is great to do 2-a-days. For the first time since 2000 I'm running in the "higher" mileage range injury free and I have to give about 50% credit to 2-a-days and 50% credit to taking my easy days EASY and that means 1.5-3 minutes slower per mile than my marathon pace. Hope this helps. You will like TOU I had a great experience two years ago as a spectator and last year as a competitor.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 10:14:22 pm »

http://fastrunningblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,228.0.html
Steve Morrin
Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 05:59:33 am »

Thanks for continuing to find these great articles about training. They have taught me a lot about running.
allie
Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 04:45:44 pm »

awesome article...and very informative. thanks for your input!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: