Fast Running Blog
May 16, 2024, 08:51:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Payon Onion Day's 10K/5K Registration & possible breakfast :D  (Read 3398 times)
Marion McClellan
Vocal Lurker

« on: August 20, 2008, 11:31:30 am »

Hey, just a reminder- the Onion Days registration is only $15 until tomorrow the 21st of August.
FYI  it's $20 from Aug 22 - Aug 28
$25 the day of the race.
You can register online at runnercard.com
Hope to see you all soon!
I am toying with having a FRB potluck breakfast at my house after the race.  Any takers?  Families would be welcome.  I'd make all the pancakes- when I say "I", I mean my sweet hubby, David.  Any excuse to pull out his monster griddle, makes his day Smiley

Never Give Up!!! Never SURRENDER!!!!
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 08:39:04 am »

I mentioned this to Paul, and I think he is in for the race and the party.  What would you like us to bring?  I was thinking some fruit, like some cut up pineapple and strawberries.   Also, do you have a teen/preteen who'd be willing to come to the race and keep tabs on our kids while we race?  We'd pay them of course.  I normally pay $5/hr and it'd probably be 1.5 hours of pay when you consider warm up/cool down and all.
Marion McClellan
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 09:37:10 am »

GREAT!!! I live about 5 blocks away from the start, so, if you'd like we can leave from my house and the kiddies can hang here with mine (14 and 11 year old sitters, 7,4,2 wild things)  Pineapple and Strawberries would be FANTASTIC!!!  Let me know what you would like to do.  They can all walk over for the finish too with my hubby.  I'm doing the 5 k so we will probably finish at the same time Wink
The parade is at 10 and only a block from my house too. Smiley  I truly hate parades, but the kids like it.  They are NUTS!!!!

Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 10:41:18 am »

Parades, yuck!  I feel the same.  The kids think they're great.  The highlight of 2007 SF parade was when an old car driving around an old man caught on fire (not a planned pyrotechnic) and the firefighters (also in the parade) put it out right in front of us. I'll talk to Paul about the parade.

That would be great to have the kids over at your house.  Even better if your husband can manage getting them to the finish, perhaps he could hold a rope and have all the kids hold it as they walk over Smiley  field trip style.
Marion McClellan
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 12:29:48 pm »

That parade sounds like it was AWESOME!!! We get no flaming cars and old guys Wink  Actually, to get everyone over to the finish, he'll probably tie them all together, like thy do when a ship goes down Cheesy  I can't wait to meet your family and see you again.  Sarah is coming with family in tow and bringing the paper products.  Yeah we'll have something to eat off of Grin
Do you know of anyone else who is racing that day?

maryannsc
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 11:52:01 am »

Hey I'm coming down with a large group of 20 or more and if you know of anyone who hasn't signed up yet for the race, if you sign up with our group you will get $10 off late registration, so you'll get in for $15 if you send me the registration form info today only (Sat)!  I need your name, whether you're doing the 5K or 10K, age, gender, address, DOB, shirt sz, Ph #.  Call me at 801-473-3969 ASAP!  Thanks.  More info is at runcorner.com/srcblog.  You can still represent your current team.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: