Fast Running Blog
May 16, 2024, 03:25:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with training program coming from an injury  (Read 3664 times)
Eric Day
Posting Member

« on: October 24, 2008, 07:31:59 pm »

In march I suffered from aquilles tendon -tendonitis. Right now I'm doing a little over 20k per week and feeling better slowly. Before (and after) every run I do plenty of stretching. After run and at night I apply cold ice pack to the tendon.  A couple of months ago, we I got up from bed, I could hardly walk, felt like weak ankle-tendon. Now I feel better but the pain is much milder but still there.
Any ideas on how to get better faster?

Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 12:19:20 pm »

Cross train in addition to the limited running you are able to do. Cross-country skiing, aqua-running, elliptical, rowing, bike, swimming would be my order of preference. Remember to be patient, do not force it, there is no hurry, you've got your whole life ahead of you.
Eric Day
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 12:29:16 pm »

Thanks Sasha. By Cross train do you mean the other exercises you mentioned? Have to ask, my english is not perfect (I'm in Mexico).
Also, what would be a normal recuperation rate for aquilles tendon problems?

Would you considered OK to keep doing 10K races? I have one next weeked and another almost at the end of Nov.  These races offer a lot of motivation in order to continue the running...
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 02:38:47 pm »

Eric - yes, that's what cross-training means. If you ever feel limited by English, feel free to post in Spanish. Muchos corredores aqui hablan Espaņol. Sin embargo, pienso y toco demasiado despasio in espaņol y con bastante errores  tambien y por eso voy a usar ingles.

If you can get through a race without making your injury worse, go ahead. But be cautious. Start out slower, and listen to your body.
Eric Day
Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 06:40:39 pm »

Ha! Good spanish, Where did you learn it? I learned my english through my parents, they're canadian but lived in mexico for over 40 years.
By the way...I think that by 'toco' you meant 'escribo' (type).

Felicidades a todos los corredores por alla que hablan espanol. Animo y adelante. La mejor inspiracion se logra por el ejemplo de los demas.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 04:04:23 pm »

Eric:

Gracias. Lo aprendi  leyendo el Libro de Mormon en espaņol y hablando con mis vecinos aqui en Provo, Utah. Mi idioma natal es ruso. La diferencia de ruso y ingles  es bastante grande que para mi despues de aprender ingles espaņol fue bastante facil - parecio un dialecto de ingles. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: