Fast Running Blog
May 14, 2024, 12:01:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: ST. George Marathon Fast Running Blog Pre race Dinner  (Read 18018 times)
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2008, 08:18:45 pm »

So, it looks like we are down to a park.  Anyone know of a good one maybe close by where we have to pick up our packets??
Walter Brown
Lurker

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2008, 09:35:58 pm »

Ok Mik'l looked into the Pizza Factory and they cant reserve or rent a room to us so due to the amount of work involved in prep and clean up I say we call this dinner a wash and do a meet and greet with some lawn chairs or what not at a park nearby the packet pickup hall or around a close nearby area.  All in favor "I "those opposed "neah."  And as far as entertainment goes, Im for the Russian dance myself.  I have a family tree line that stems from Stevensville Russia so I could use some practice.  Although good temporarily at the sprinkler and of course the running man I durst not provide my talent any further. lol 
James Winzenz
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2008, 03:19:35 pm »

We are good with meeting up at a park.  Sounds like we will have to rely on the "St. Georgeites" to find a park that is close enough to the convention center.  What time do we all want to meet there?  5:00?  As for dinner, Lybi and I will probably either go to the pasta dinner there at the convention center, or go to Fazolis.  If anyone would like to meet up with us at either, let us know and we can figure out a time.
MikL
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2008, 07:31:33 am »

Clyde thinks the finish line (Vernon Worthen Park) would be the best place to meet. There really isn't any park close to the Dixie Center. I'm going to suggest everyone do what they want for dinner, bring it if you want, and let's meet at the finish line from 5:30-7:30 to just hang out. Bring a chair or a blanket. They will be setting everything up, but the park is big enough we can find a section for our group.

Matthew- we always eat at Samurai 21 before the marathon. It is Japanese, but Clyde gets the noodle bowl with chicken, a lot like lo mein. It worked for him and Paul last year. Smiley It is across the street from the factory stores, next to Old Navy.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2008, 08:03:36 am »

Matthew- we always eat at Samurai 21 before the marathon. It is Japanese, but Clyde gets the noodle bowl with chicken, a lot like lo mein. It worked for him and Paul last year. Smiley It is across the street from the factory stores, next to Old Navy.

Yes, excellent restaurant.
Kim Lee
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2008, 08:10:39 am »

Way to come forth and make a decision for us all Mik'L!  It's just that simple!  Bring your own food or eat before or after you come!  Thanks for taking the lead on this! 
James Winzenz

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2008, 10:31:50 am »

Sounds great to me - we will plan on being there!
Marcie J.
Lurker

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2008, 01:33:40 pm »

That sounds great to me!
Tyler Shepherd
Lurker

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2008, 03:34:00 pm »

Been following the topic and this sounds good to us.  We would really like to come and meet fellow FRB'ers so we will see you there.  Thanks for putting this together and for the recommendations on where to eat. 
Kory Wheatley
Posting Member

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2008, 12:07:21 am »

I'll be riding down with Sasha so whatever he decides, but I will eat at Fazoli's... which I have done in several past marathon's.
Kelli
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2008, 06:02:45 pm »

My husband and I like PIZZA before a race.  We are going to probably pick some up at Costco (they have the BEST pizza).  If anyone else is interested, we could pick up a few and bring them to the park.  We will be arriving in St George early in the afternoon, so we have time.
Christi
Lurker

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2008, 08:34:47 pm »

I'm way late checking the discussion forum.  Sounds like some great pre-race party plans are under way.  I'll be there for sure with at least 1 if not 10 or more people in tow! I think the finish line park is a great idea.  I also like Hidden Valley park which is close to Dixie Center but probably too hard for out of towners to find.  Sam 21 is great, another good place for cheaper noodles is the Mongolian BBQ in the outlet mall.  I'll have out of town family staying with me or I'd offer some beds.  If anyone has any St. George related questions feel free to ask me! I'll plan on seeing ya'll at the Vernon Worthen Park on Friday!  (what do you think about bringing potluck style treats for the kiddos & non-running family? just a thought... optional of course)
Walter Brown
Lurker

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2008, 06:39:50 pm »

Ok I guess I started this conversation with a meet and greet blog party so Ill take Clyde and Mik'ls suggestion to worthen park at the finish line between 5:30 and dark time.  Lets ice up our legs, get our stretching in and last minute runs and make a good showing for SGM!  PR everyone!
Adam R Wende

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2008, 08:15:39 pm »

Thanks for doing all the hard work. I'll try and stop by. Walter actually reminded me of a good point. What options are there for a post race icing? TOU has the stream right there. I'm assuming there isn't something as cold near the STG finish, is that right?
Josse

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2008, 09:37:02 pm »

I would go and buy some bags of ice and fill the bathtub up with cold water and ice:)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: