Fast Running Blog
May 13, 2024, 04:43:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: ST. George Marathon Fast Running Blog Pre race Dinner  (Read 18017 times)
Jody Hinton
Lurker

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 09:09:55 pm »

I agree that we will lose to many people if we do it afterwards.  I like the PF if we are not obligated to eat, I will, but I hate to make people feel like they have to.   What are our options regarding parks and just having everyone bring their own food or just mingle?  With people traveling pot luck is really difficult. 
James Winzenz
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 09:00:39 am »

There's also the option of everyone meeting at the SGM pre-race pasta dinner, although I have done that before and it is kind of chaotic . . . I'm not sure if we would want to do the Pasta Factory thing or not, but I can talk to Lybi about it.  Right now, I would consider us to be open to either the PF or meeting at the park.  Lybi's mom is staying with our kids, so it will just be the two of us.  Will update later after I talk to Lybi.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 09:15:28 am »

My vote is for meeting Fri at a park somewhere.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 09:56:22 am »

Potluck is not that hard when traveling. Even healthy pot luck. We do it all the time. You just have to get used to the idea that you do not always need to eat a hot meal, and you do not need to eat meat every day.
Michelle Lowry

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 12:30:48 pm »

I personally don't want to be getting used to anything on the day before a race.  I am fine with James idea of the pasta party the marathon puts on, the park or PF.  I am concerned no matter where we meet that it is comfortable enough to hang out.  So if we go to a park, I'll bring a camp chair because that's much more comfortable than being on a park bench.  We all should be sitting comfortably Smiley
Kory Wheatley
Posting Member

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 01:03:37 am »

St. George does have a Fazoli's correct?
Marcie J.
Lurker

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 08:22:50 am »

Yes they do.
Walter Brown
Lurker

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 07:48:31 am »

Ok so now that we have several options, I guess we just need to make a decision.  Mik'l can you find out how to reserve or if we still can reserve the PF and if not than we can definitely have option B which is the Park.  I can clearly understand that going to someones home is out of the picture.  Making someone sit at a park and cook isnt too fair also.  We would have to have most everyone bring something and try to keep the cleanup and mess to a minimum.  I like to get down there, get my packet and relax myself which Im sure everyone wants to keep the stress level down before this great race. 
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 08:06:43 am »

I like the idea of getting together in a park, no food involved. 
Kim Lee
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 08:18:49 am »

I like the idea of getting together in a park, no food involved. 

Me too.
Craig Green
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 09:14:40 am »

I would prefer to meet up in a park with no food. I developed a pre-race dinner ritual that involves breakfast food (eggs, hashbrowns, pancakes, etc). That doesn't work in a pot luck environment, and it doesn't work at a pasta restaurant.
Josse

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2008, 11:34:21 am »

Park with no food is fine, but I expect good entertainment. Wink
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2008, 02:54:46 pm »

I'll perform the drunk version of the Soviet National Anthem.
Michelle Lowry

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2008, 03:45:17 pm »

Please no!!! 
Matthew Mackey
Lurker

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2008, 05:46:30 pm »

Anyone know where you can get get good Chinese in St. George.  I love the Lo Mein before a race.  I would love to come to the park as well but I wouldn't be there until at least 5:00 PM
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: