Fast Running Blog
May 05, 2024, 05:21:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mens Trial Contest  (Read 4588 times)
Adam R Wende
Frequently Posting Member

« on: October 24, 2007, 08:27:38 pm »

I thought many of you might enjoy this. It is a competition being hosted by a running store in St. Louis. Ben Rosario and Zac Freudenburg are two guys that I ran with from time to time back in St. Louis. The same time I was moving away from St. Louis Ben and a friend of his Matt opened Big River Running Company. Anyway to make a long story short follow the link below to a competition they are hosting. It is a CC style scoring to choose the best “OT team”. See the link for instructions. Sorry to Paul, Logan, and Sean but I think the list was made before you qualified and/or they just hadn’t heard of you prior... Anyway, anyone’s name can be added for group 5…
http://www.bigriverrunning.com/Trials%20Prediction%20Contest.htm
Sean Sundwall
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 11:12:25 am »

Interesting contest....I don't think our late entry has anything to do with our omissions. Nick who won SGM is on the "Maybe on a good day" list. Speaking for myself, there is a very good reason I'm not on the list given the categories are: Thefavorites, the semi-favorites, the darkhorses, the maybe-on-a-great days, and the Trent Briney ya never know's.

I'm all for being confident, but I'm a high 2:18 guy on a "fast" course.
Craig Green
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 02:56:33 pm »

Ya- they have the link to the full list in the "Trent Briney ya never know" category". It includes Sean, Logan, Paul, etc. They just didn't have enough room (or energy) on their own page to list everyone.

http://www.usatf.org/events/2008/OlympicTrials-Marathon-Men/entry/status.asp
Sean Sundwall
Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 11:58:00 am »

My Trent Briney pick for this year is Mike Sayenko. He's only run one marathon, but he's fast, hungry and been training with the big boys in Mammoth Lakes all summer and fall. He happens to run for the same club as I do so I have a bit more insight into his capabilities than most, but he's my dark horse, not to finish fourth necessarily, but to have a huge PR race and finish top 10 in the money.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 08:52:16 pm »

His last name sounds Ukrainian.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: