Fast Running Blog
May 07, 2024, 04:27:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted: baby accesories  (Read 10576 times)
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« on: July 09, 2008, 03:00:02 pm »

Hey all,
My wife and I are having our first child soon (a boy). We are in the process of "nesting" and assembling things that we need or want. Many people have already been generous to give us stuff, and we have bought a few things too. I'm hoping to find a few more good "deals" - either for free, for cheap, or for loan.

1. Bassinet
2. Jogging stroller (something decent)
3. Clothes, age 0-2 (boy)
4. Toys
5. Other (you name it. We are new to this, so don't know all of the fine details yet).

So this is your chance to unload your baby gear. If you are in the Wasatch Front area, we can arrange something for pickup.
Cody Draper
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 03:37:40 pm »

Jon might sell you his stroller if/when he gets the 2-seater stroller.  Its a pretty good one. 
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 06:38:18 pm »

Cody might sell you his stroller if/when he gets the 3-seater stroller.  It's a pretty good one.
Sarah Pachev
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 09:49:38 pm »

Hey Paul
There is a great website www.freecycle.org that has a chapter in just about every city in the US. It is an on-line yahoo site where people can request stuff or request people to take their stuff. This is a FABULOUS way to get free baby stuff.  You just have to set up a Yahoo account and I think before you ask for something you have to give something away or at least try...it could be anything...old magazines or cool rocks that you don't want anymore. I don't know if they have a Logan chapter for sure but they do have one in Salt Lake so they might have people posting for Salt Lake from cities closer to Logan..dont' know...try it out..good luck.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 07:30:43 am »

Thanks Sarah, I'll take a look. I do have some old rocks I want to get rid of. (seriously)
Chad
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 12:17:44 pm »

Paul--we have some clothes and toys that we would love to pass on to you guys.  I can either give these things to you when you're in town, or pass them along to one of the other Logan guys when they are in SLC.  Any chance you are coming to town for Des News?
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 01:38:48 pm »

Chad - awesome! No, I won't be coming for Des News. Perhaps I can talk someone who is coming for the TOU Half to stop by and pick it up...
Cody Draper
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 03:21:40 pm »

I will be in SLC for the 24th.  I could arrange to pick up the stuff for you.  If the items are large or there are a lot of them, I will have trouble fitting them in the car (as the whole gang will be with me).  If that works, I can get with Chad.  I am not running Des News, but was thinking about watching it.  I owe Chad a breakfast anyway...
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 09:48:24 pm »

Don't you owe me a breakfast, too?
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 07:37:40 am »

Cody - that would be awesome! I will owe you breakfast afterward.
Cody Draper
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 07:45:21 am »

Don't you owe me a breakfast, too?
Jon-
I will buy you breakfast at NWP....
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 09:37:56 am »

Jon-
I will buy you breakfast at NWP....

I'll chip in for that too. Supposedly there is a great place in Blaine for breakfast, corner of Marine Drive and Peace Portal ....

Chad
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 12:24:09 pm »

Cody--let's arrange for a pick up after the race next Thursday.  If other folks want to come by I can line up some pastries, juice, etc. like we did last year.
Cody Draper
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 08:50:02 pm »

Chad-
I was thinking about jogging along the course and watching some of the action during the race.  I can hook up with you after the race and get the stuff.  I can also get some miles during your cool-down (like last year).
Jon-
No I won't let it drop.  You are wanted for a relay.  Come-on.....
Chad
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 10:11:14 am »

Cody--let's plan to meet at the finish of the 10k and run back up to the start to get the car. We can head to my house for baby accessory pick up after that.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: