Fast Running Blog
May 04, 2024, 10:38:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Running St. George? Live in the SLC area? Come to Kmart (July 12th) (up 7/9/08)  (Read 11981 times)
Adam R Wende
Frequently Posting Member

« on: July 02, 2008, 11:35:34 am »

July 12th at 5:45AM be at the Kmart at 2705 Parleys Way
We will leave the parking lot at 6:00AM to drive east on I80 to Exit 134 (Mountain Dell Golf Course) to start the run at ~6:15AM

If you want some nice downhill training without having to run all the way up first be at the Kmart in SLC off of Foothill this Sat at ~5:45am. We will then pile into some cars and drive up to the Mountain Dell Golf Course. Following a nice easy 3-mile uphill warm-up we will start some tempo style running at whatever pace you want. I have one taker for a 7min pace, one taker for a 5:45 pace. It may sound quick but this is downhill running at its finest. Also, if you don't fit in one of these groups come anyway. We can just try to arrange that your car stays at the Kmart. The run goes down Emigration Canyon then over on Foothill back to the Kmart. It comes out to 15-miles total. If you want to see the course go to the course tool {Emigration Canyon}.

Now here is the good part. Any runner can join the group run no matter what pace you are going you should still show up. The social part will be during the warmup and with whoever is running your pace. If no one is running your particular pace it is still a good workout and you should give it a shot. The fastest people can be the ones to shuttle the group up Parley's. Then when the two fastest get down they can go back and get the car. The remaining people can finish up at whatever pace they want to run and their cars will be there at the end...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 11:08:41 am by Adam R Wende » Logged
Chad
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 01:06:56 pm »

Adam, I think I'm going to do an easier flattish run this Saturday, probably in Millcreek. You can run with us if you decide to switch plans.
Adam R Wende

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 01:18:12 pm »

I'll see how many bites I get... Where do you meet for Millcreek and how early? Do you drive up the canyon (and pay) or park at the Einsteins and run up? You think you'll all be sore from the races the day before? That is why I wanted to do the harder run. Go in fresh and have a chance to show everyone up  Smiley...
Cutika99
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 01:19:31 pm »

I'm good for meeting this Saturday. I can run at City Creek Canyon or somewhere else. I generally just follow the crowd.

Steve
Adam R Wende

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 01:22:52 pm »

Steve, Good to hear you are on board. Are you racing Friday or would you want a harder run Sat? If you're up for a little harder on Sat I'll stick with City Creek, the climb will deplete us and then we can do some nice "low glycogen" training on the way down. However, if we want the more social run I think Millcreek would be game. If anyone else is interested or has a preference speak up...
Cutika99
Lurker

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 03:00:34 pm »

I'm racing a 5k at Park City. I'm up for whatever on Saturday though -- I can run hard back to back days.
Walter Brown
Lurker

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 03:04:50 pm »

Hey guys, Im going up to Lewiston, Utah for the 4th of July celebration over the weekend.  I wish I were in town, it sounds like a good run.  Ill see where Im at for the 12th of July run up emigration.  run on fellas!
Cutika99
Lurker

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 03:06:19 pm »

I'm up for another run + breakfast.  Although when I got home my wife asked if I was running for 4 hours. I told her I had a breakfast date with a bunch of sweaty guys that were older than me.  mmmm
Josse

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 03:37:36 pm »

I'm up for another run + breakfast.  Although when I got home my wife asked if I was running for 4 hours. I told her I had a breakfast date with a bunch of sweaty guys that were older than me.  mmmm
Ya I think I would have the same response Wink
Walter Brown
Lurker

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 09:31:08 pm »

Hey I resemble that! oops I mean resent! You young punks make me sick! Now get off my lawn!
Cutika99
Lurker

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 09:34:10 pm »

He called the s*** poop!
Adam R Wende

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 05:39:51 am »

Steve, I can't tell you how much time I spent watching Billy Madison in college. I think I ended up getting a minor in it... Stop looking at me swan!
Walter Brown
Lurker

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 08:25:37 am »

We are so on you guys! I was going to say "'dont step on it harold, its probably poop!"  Poop again! 
Cutika99
Lurker

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 09:08:25 am »

Adam,
I'm going to vote for a less hilly run on Saturday. I don't mind the uphill, but my legs would really like to avoid downhill running for a few days. I'm taking today really easy and see if I can shake this pain a little bit. A more level run just seems better at this point.

"Don't put it out with your boots, Ted!"

"Don't tell me my business, devil woman!"
Kory Wheatley
Posting Member

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 12:55:17 am »

The Pocatello Marathon course is a prefect training for St. George pretty much for the first 14 miles.  I wish you guys could run up here.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: