Fast Running Blog
May 13, 2024, 06:06:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Painter's St. George Pre-Race Party  (Read 16990 times)
Christi
Lurker

« on: January 04, 2008, 10:21:54 am »

Hey Bloggies! Looking for your input and a headcount for the Painter's 1/2 and 5k Pre Race Party Fri. Jan. 18th 6-8pm.  I have reserved 2 rooms (no cost yet) for a week while we finalize.  1st Option: Pasta Factory, Private Room- all you can eat pasta, drinks, salad $10 a person (not sure about kids cost, I will find out) 2nd Option: Rent room at Quality Inn Hotel.  They will allow us to bring in food so we can do a potluck, its $50 for use of the room.  Let's vote and get a head count.  Thanks!
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 10:26:25 am »

Can you find out whether kids count as one person for the hotel room, too?  I have two adults and three kids coming.  They aren't really excited about a blogger party, but they will be tagging along.  Also, the $10 pasta sounds reasonable to me for adults, but I am hoping there is a kids price if we go that route.  Otherwise I'll bring tuna fish sandwiches for the kiddies! j/k that's just mean.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 03:29:39 pm »

Christi - good job, you've figured it out! Hopefully your breakthrough will increase the participation on the forum from the non-computer minded women on the blog.
Potluck sounds like a great idea. Since we do not eat out, we will be doing potluck regardless. Plus, you really do not want to be doing all you can eat the night before a long race. This might create some VPB issues next morning right when you are about to make a move to get a PR.
Ruth Hilton
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 09:25:27 pm »

Don't care - either way is great - but for the the head count part, I'm in! Smiley

On second thought, Pasta Factory would be lots easier.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 07:12:12 pm by Ruth Hilton » Logged
Marcie J.
Lurker

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 02:02:50 pm »

Christi,
It doesnt matter to me either way but I think Pasta Factory would probably be the easiest. I am planning on coming, I doubt my husband will come but if thats changes I will let you know.
Lybi
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 04:04:17 pm »

I'll vote for the potluck!  We can't have a blogger party without the Pachevs!  So far, I think I am coming alone.  I'll let you know if that changes.  (I'm still waffling a little bit between soloing it and hauling the whole fam. up there.  The issue is that we just barely came back from a road trip with the kiddos and they don't like all the driving.)

And THANKS CHRISTI for heading this all up.  You're the BEST!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 04:29:28 pm by Lybi » Logged
Christi
Lurker

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 08:29:30 pm »

Hey Guys!

Thanks for the feedback.  Sasha- thanks for your clear instructions to help me post stuff on the blog! I love this blog- you're awesome!

Looks like we're kinda split between Pasta Factory & Potluck.  I like the Pasta Factory idea because its easy and convenient. I called the restaurant and kids are $5. Also, the price includes breadsticks too which I forgot to mention earlier. I agree w/ Sasha though, we aren't going to want to stuff ourselves- but basically you get pasta w/ your choice of 2 toppings and chicken (if you want it), salad, drink & breadsticks (and its all you can eat- maybe the spouses/non runners will take advantage of that?) They said we can bring in our own desserts if we'd like (not that many of the runners will be eating dessert, but hey- there's family members to consider-right?)So I'm thinking if some people QUIETLY bring in some food (like a sandwich here or there) it would be Ok, but they won't like us bringing in big potluck dishes.  So -just some more info for ya.  Majority rules on this one.  I'll leave it open for a couple more days for your feedback.  Looking forward to seeing you all at which ever place we decide on! Happy training!
MikL
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 08:48:28 pm »

As I've said before, I'm in for Pasta Factory. Hopefully they won't mind Sasha coming with his own food. It will just be too hard to potluck spaghetti and harder on the out-of-towners. Plus Pasta Factory is SO yummy! Count me in (just one) unless I tell you different. I haven't signed up for anything yet, but I think I'll be here regardless.

Lybi- even James isn't coming? Isn't he running? How can you run your first half without the hubby there to cheer you on? I guess you'll have the whole FRB cheering crowd so it won't matter!
Michelle
Lurker

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 09:54:00 pm »

I think that the Past Factory sounds great to me too!  I'll try to hold off and not stuff myself and the husband will be happy there too.  Potluck would be good but it is hard without creating a lot of work for someone and it's really not about the food, just fun to get together and visit!
Christi
Lurker

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 10:28:56 am »

Cool.  I'll leave it open for a couple more days for feedback.  Looks like Pasta Factory is winning out (I'm sorry Sasha & Lybi!) Michelle- I'm excited to meet your husband, are your other kids coming too? I hope you 1/2 marathon runners are getting psyched!! I'm getting psyched to see you all!
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 11:30:17 am »

Our family will skip anything that requires us to pay an entry fee of some kind. Even if it is $5/person, this would make $35 for the food we are not going to eat. We never pay that much of one meal even if we are eating it (if we did, the blog would have never been created).
As an alternative, we can just get together in a non-food situation, e.g for a shake out run/post-run social.
Marcie J.
Lurker

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 07:57:53 pm »

Sasha-
I dont think you have to pay an entry fee at Pasta Factory if you are not going to eat, I dont think they would make you pay at all. I am sure they would not mind if you brought your own food. We could just let them know the situation from the beginning and they would most likely be more than happy to oblige.
Question-just curious if you do eat out what place can you find that your whole family can eat at for less than 35.00 that fits your nutritional guidelines?
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 04:16:41 pm »

MarcieJ - the place is home :-)
Kim Lee
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 06:13:04 pm »

Christi,
Thanks for putting things together for a blog party.  Tom and I will not be able to make it to this one.  Sorry.  We thought we better let you know so you know how many to plan on. 
Christi
Lurker

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 09:23:16 am »

Hey Guys- Kim, thanks for the update.  I'm sorry we won't see you Friday, but look forward to seeing you on race day! Sasha- there is no fee to come to private room at pasta factory and hang out.  Only charged if you order food.  They told me they were Ok with people bringing in a LITTLE food, but they don't want us bringing in Pot Luck dishes.  I hope you guys can come.  Otherwise- in addition to the Pasta Factory dinner I like the idea of a post race hangout- heck- we can hang out there at the finish (well- Sasha would have to wait a long time for the rest of us- but still...LOL)
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: