Fast Running Blog
May 14, 2024, 08:12:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Del Sol Relay  (Read 22472 times)
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 08:51:10 am »

Ted, if you are having trouble getting 12 runners, you could do an ultra team with only 6.  A bit harder, but any in-shape marathoner should be able to do it without slowing down much for the added distance.  Plus, I think it would be cool for a 6 person team to win the whole thing, beating all the 12 person teams.  12 is preferable, but 6 is doable.
Sean Sundwall
Posting Member

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2007, 07:11:55 pm »

I am most likely in. Let me get Cross Country Nationals behind me this weekend before I commit formally, but if we are truly going for the victory then I am in.
Sean Sundwall
Posting Member

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2007, 07:24:58 pm »

It looks like Google won last year with a 6:01 pace. Our Hood to Coast team averaged 5:18s so really what we need are folks who can consistently run three sub 33:00 10ks...on little rest and that would put us in at 17 hours 19 minutes which would be a course record. The course looks a little harder/slower than Hood to Coast but hopefully we can get 12 guys running sub 33:00s.

Going ultra is definitely another option. You run back to back legs so you still run only three times. I would think we have 6 runners on this blog who can run 10miles x3 at 5:30 pace or better.
Cody Draper
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2007, 07:37:56 pm »

It looks like Google won last year with a 6:01 pace.

Sean-Last year we had a team (sponsored by Paul and MarathonGIS) of 1/2 bloggers, 1/2 not and almost won (we battled with Google most of the way) until the third leg 2nd van had some troubles.  It was pretty exciting.  We could put together a team of Bloggers that would EASILY beat Google's team of last year.  Ultra or not.  It should be pretty exciting.  Especially when more surprise teams show up that will also have a shot at winning.
Lybi
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2007, 08:45:52 pm »

Yea!  We got Sean!  Yessss!  Who else?  Come on, guys!  Time to shine in the Valley of the Sun!   I wonder if Nick would consider doing it.  I don't know his last name, but he's the Run Buffs Run! guy.
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2007, 10:51:32 pm »

I am sure Nick should speak for himself, but the race is toward the end of indoor track season if I am not mistaken and usually coaches get mad if their athletes compete in races outside of collegiate running (I know my coach did when I did a road race).  Possible eligibility issues too if there is a purse.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2007, 11:05:29 pm »

The only purse from Ragnar races is a baton to each member of the winning teams, plus any free goodies you snag from the exchange stations (last year there were some good Clif protein bars and some really nasty Caranaba (sp?) bars).  No money.
Ted Leblow
Posting Member

"Don't give up...don't ever give up." - Jimmy V.

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2007, 09:35:59 pm »

I have been out of town this weekend but it is looking good for us having a great team. Right now we will have 12 no problem and some very fast runners at that. I really think we will have a strong enough team to go for the course record and put up a pretty dang good time at that. Once I catch up on email this week I will post the runners that have indicated their interest/intent and then try and solidfiy the team by the end of the week. The FRB is going to rock DEL SOL this year.
Ted Leblow
Posting Member

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2007, 09:42:32 pm »

Just checked and Google is registered again this year!
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2007, 07:19:54 am »

Just checked and Google is registered again this year!

Surprising, but good!
Ted Leblow
Posting Member

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2007, 04:11:51 pm »

Well, I am out of town this weekend but should here back from the last couple of possible runners by Monday. I will post the team members on Monday and also send an email out to all. Then we can start working on the logistics and overall planning. I will say this, we are going to have a very good team and all are from the blog as well!
Sean Sundwall
Posting Member

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2007, 01:34:04 pm »

I found a hotel right around the second van exchange that I reserved using Marriott points. It comes with free internet and free hot breakfast. What I need to know is when we would start the race. If it's anything like hood to coast, we will be one of the last teams to start which means we would start late Friday. Assuming that is the case, I have reserved a room for Thursday and Friday nights. It can hold up to four people.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/phxfi-fairfield-inn-scottsdale-north/
Ted Leblow
Posting Member

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2007, 04:08:55 pm »

Fellow FRB Runners,

The selection for the Del Sol Relay is complete. It was much tougher than I anticipated trying to narrow down the 12 runners (I am actually one of the slowest runners on the team). We had a lot of very good runners from the FRB interested in running. I wish we could take everyone but unfortunately we are limited to 12. After talking with Sasha and taking many things into consideration the team members are listed below. The good news is that we have a very fast team that should go down and not only win but hopefully set a course record in the process. If for some reason we have any last minute changes we will keep everyone on the alternate list just in case.

Sean Sundwall
Nick McCombs
Logan Fielding
Steve Ashbaker
Sasha Pachev
Clyde Behuin
Dave Holt
Jeff Shadley
James Barnes
Ted Leblow
Kory Wheatley
Adam Wende

I need all of the runners listed above to send me the following information as soon as possible so I can register each for the race and start to work on the logistics and race plans.

Name:
Address:
City:
State:
ZIP:
Phone:
Email:
10K PR:
Birth Date:
Shirt Size:
Running Strength: Do you think you are a strong/weak uphill or downhill runner? Or if you don’t think it makes a difference let me know.
Transportation: Do you want to be part of a van/car pool to get to Phoenix or will you be going on your own?

Thanks and more details to follow on lodging, travel arrangements and race strategy as soon as I gather all of the information from everyone.
Ted Leblow
Posting Member

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2007, 04:15:37 pm »

I found a hotel right around the second van exchange that I reserved using Marriott points. It comes with free internet and free hot breakfast. What I need to know is when we would start the race. If it's anything like hood to coast, we will be one of the last teams to start which means we would start late Friday. Assuming that is the case, I have reserved a room for Thursday and Friday nights. It can hold up to four people.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/phxfi-fairfield-inn-scottsdale-north/

This is great. It looks like with this we will end up with plenty of places for everyone to stay. The tentative plan is to arrive on Thursday and depart either Saturday or Sunday depending on everyone's preference. Either way we should still have enough other rooms for Saturday night for those that prefer to stay. More details to follow.

Thanks Sean!
Superfly
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2007, 05:50:07 pm »

The room would be better on Thursday and Saturday nights. Because on Friday night things will be moving along and you may only get to use it until like 9 or 10 p.m. max. plus last year we had both vans go to the start and with all that running around it may not be that good. Last year I got 2 rooms for 2 nights one on Thursday night and one on Saturday night so people could crash after it was over before making their way home. I just got a late check out on Friday so we slept there Thursday night and then hung out until like 1 or 3 p.m. whenever the late check out was and then made our way to the start. Anyways that's just an idea. If you do something like that Sean- Dave H and I would love to stay in the room there. I'm guessing we will fly Southwest out of Vegas on Thursday and fly home on Sunday morning unless something else comes up.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 05:52:50 pm by Superfly » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: