Fast Running Blog
May 02, 2024, 05:09:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: History of the FastRunningBlog  (Read 19201 times)
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« on: December 13, 2008, 05:26:13 pm »

I thought some folks would get a kick out of this. There is a website called "WayBackMachine" that archives other websites. It's got snapshots of the Fastrunningblog as far back as June, 2006. You can even see what the blog list looked like back in those days.  Just a few dozen members back then (including yours truly). I haven't had time to look at much, but thought I'd post this link for your amusement and wonder.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.fastrunningblog.com

BTW - I think I liked the left navigation panel better back in 2006. Much easier to find stuff. ;-)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 05:28:48 pm by Paul Petersen » Logged
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 05:32:31 pm »

...more browsing...hilarious, Clyde's goal for 2006 was to run 3 or 4 marathons under 3 hours. How did that turn out? Looks like my goal was to lose 10 lbs. Also found a funny pic of Clyde jumping over the finish line at St. George, wearing headphones...
Superfly
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 10:17:16 am »

Way back when... that is some classic stuff!
Superfly

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 08:06:46 am »

You know I actually like parts of the blog better then. It was nice before Sasaha changed it to be able to see all the blogs and click through them. Now I rarely look through other blogs and I use to do it several times a day. I think the system now needs some changes... IMHO.
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 01:39:47 pm »

Clyde, has your opinion ever been humble?!
adam

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 06:15:00 pm »

You know I actually like parts of the blog better then. It was nice before Sasaha changed it to be able to see all the blogs and click through them. Now I rarely look through other blogs and I use to do it several times a day. I think the system now needs some changes... IMHO.

same here. though that change did free me from the addiction of looking at everyones blogs...
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 09:27:51 pm »

same here. though that change did free me from the addiction of looking at everyones blogs...

I used to look at a lot more blogs- no time, now.  I would bring up all the blogs updated in the past few days and scan, but now there are too many and I don't have enough time.  I'm sure there are some good ones I'm missing.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 09:46:01 pm »

Yeah, I definitely waste a lot less time on the blog than before. I read a just few peoples' now, and only when I think about it.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 07:55:31 am »

Here is something I find rather interesting.  On the first date where you can see the "Last updated" log (Oct 2006), there are only 18% of bloggers that have not updated within a month.  When I joined (Feb 2007), it had increased to 32% of bloggers.  Today, 65% of bloggers have not updated within a month.  65%!!  Interesting.

There has been exponential growth during that time- 49 bloggers (Oct 06) to 100 bloggers (Apr 07) to 181 (Oct 08) to 894 bloggers today.  But there are more than 3 times as many inactive bloggers today as there were total bloggers just one year ago!  Huh.  I imagine that is part of the reason we look at fewer blogs- it is impossible to look at everyone's blog today, plus so many stop blogging that it is hard to get to know people.  I used to look at all blogs, now I very rarely venture outside 15 or so of my friends.
Superfly

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 09:16:11 am »

What he should do is make it show the old way and only post the blogs that have been updated in the last 24 hours... then you could use the filter to search out those inactive blogs if you wanted. Or start weeding out old blogs.... If it goes a period of 30 days or something with no activity then it could be removed. I don't know. It's just not as fun for me anymore. Make it fun for ME. That's a humble opinion for you Dave.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 09:31:59 am »

Make it fun for ME.

Lol
Dustin Ence
Posting Member

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 12:11:14 pm »

I like Clyde's idea.  I'm like Jon, I only very rarely venture outside of my group of favorites to read other blogs, just haven't taken the time to get to know other people.  I mainly read the blogs from the St. George guys, and then sometimes other people if I have time.
Dave Holt
Posting Member

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 01:54:35 pm »

I like Clyde's idea.

I just like Clyde - so I had better agree as well! 
Maybe this is turning into one of those books Denton was wondering about!

Speaking of... where does the book go next?  Anyone else down here want to read it?  Clyde, do you know if Steven Abraham Lincoln Pope Hooper would? Or anyone else? 
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 02:00:09 pm »

That reminds me, Dave, I have Cody's copy of Return to Carthage stashed under my bed that I still need to read.

Make sure that book gets good circulation!  Andy was generous enough to pass it around!  How did you like it, anyways?
Superfly

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 05:36:41 pm »

I think this is one of "those" books Dave.
Jon- I loved the book and it was fun to read through the drama and be able to totally relate with everything. Every emotion, feeling and breath other than being that fast.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: