Fast Running Blog
May 04, 2024, 08:46:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fast Gals on the Blog  (Read 4649 times)
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« on: November 08, 2007, 09:26:47 am »

Michelle Lowry has brought two fast women to the blog - Jamie Graver and Amber Dunford. I have now added them to the list of Top Runners. We now have seven women that have run BQ.
Maria Imas
Lurker

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 10:28:06 am »

Sasha, what are you considering a BQ time? My understanding is that you're only counting times below 3:40. What about older women, whose BQ times are 3:45+? Are you going to include those results in the top runners list as well? I think you should, because effort wise those times are equal to or even exceed the open standards.  A 45-year old running 3:45 is a better performance than 30-year old running 3:40. I think Sylvia's 3:45 in 2006 at St.George should definitely make the list!

You can use age-grading tables if you don't agree with Boston's definitions. You can include age-graded percentage column in the list so that people can sort by it. By the way, this applies to men as well.
Lulu
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 12:41:42 pm »

Maria -- uh oh, You brought up age to Sasha! I can't wait to see his response. Will he use the words "not become biologically 50 while chronologically 40..."?? This should be very interesting.
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 11:35:19 am »

I encouraged them to join and am really happy to have Jamie and Amber aboard, but they brought themselves Smiley
Brent Barney
Lurker

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 11:53:18 am »

It is always interesting, top runners on the blog, should there be something age based?  There are many top runners on the blog, by age, by ability given there god given physical attributes, by gender?  I guess we would all like to be recognized.  I would suggest all of us, not top runners as listed on the blog, continue to support each other so we feel like top runners on the blog.  Welcome more fast, whatever the class. 
stevehooper
Lurker

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 12:03:32 pm »

Hey Sasha, I was looking at the list of top female runner and I think you need to add "MarcieJ".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: