Fast Running Blog
May 27, 2024, 10:53:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding Garmin Training Log To Yor Blog  (Read 2342 times)
Scott Zincone
Posting Member

« on: September 18, 2008, 08:33:41 pm »

Over the past few months I have had a handful of people asking me how I add my Garmin Training Center information to my blog http://sz.fastrunningblog.com/.  So I thought I would just post it here for everyone to see.  I hope I make sense, and use the right terminology. Also if anyone can think of an easier way, beside just typing it normally, let me know.  I have tried a few different ways in the past but this is the one I find to be the easiest and the quickest.

First I use latest version of Picasa, by Google.  It is Picasa 3 and it is a beta version.  Also I use Picasa's online photo album , Picasa Web.  You will need a Google account I believe to set up the web album.  Once you have these set up it only takes about a minute or less to add the Garmin info to your blog.

1) Open you Garmin Training Center and Picasa 3.
2) View the date of your run you want to add and use the "Print Screen" function on your computer.  Picasa 3 will automatically show it under a "Screen Capture"
    tab.You are now done with the Garmin program.
3) In Picasa click on the screen capture you just made.  Using the crop tool cut out only what you want to show in your blog and hit apply.

4) Near the bottom of the screen click on the "Upload" button and send it to the Picasa Web Album.
5) Now using any Internet Browser go to you online album.  Find the picture you just uploaded and open it.  On the right side of
    the page is an area called "Embed Image."  Right click on that space and "copy" the words in that box.
6) Now go to your calendar to make your blog entry.
7)  Look on the toolbar above where you enter your text.  There is a button called "Toggle HTML Source."  It is next to the "ABC Icon"
Cool Now After clicking the "Toggle HTML Source" button just right click and paste the info from the web album.  Hit the Toggle HTML
    Source button again and your pic is now on the blog.

This is also how you can add any picture to your blog.  Sasha has set it up where you need to have another server host your picture and you just link to  to show on the your blog.

I know this seemed a little long winded but I promise it is easy and takes less than a munite to do once everything is setup.

I am sure there are a few details I may have left out such as various options or preferences each person might want to setup when they get started.

Let me know if I left out a step or if there any other questions.  And I am always looking for an easier way, if you know one.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 10:02:58 pm by Scott Zincone » Logged

Paul (RivertonPaul)
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 10:12:26 am »

Very clever.  Thanks for the idea.  (Unfortunately, I lost my Garmin's USB link so I've not been uploading run.)
Scott Zincone
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 11:00:17 am »

The same USB cable that came with my digital camera and my daughter's "el cheapo" mp3 player also fit my Garmin.  Maybe you or someone else has one lying around you can use.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: