Fast Running Blog
May 12, 2024, 11:44:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Booth at the St. George Expo  (Read 2760 times)
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« on: September 18, 2008, 03:21:45 pm »

Fast Running Blog will have a booth at the expo in St. George. We need a volunteer to man it. We could use more than one, that would make things easier. Contact me if interested.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 08:55:57 pm by Sasha Pachev » Logged
Josse
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 04:09:36 pm »

I really think you are going to have a hard time finding anyone who is going to want to stand and man a booth the night before a marathon.  You probably should put what is expected out of the person, like what time they would be done, if they would have to take the booth down that night and stuff like that.  I know that Steve did a booth last year and didn't have that great of a race becuase of the stress and late night he had that night.
I also think it should be maned by the person who knows the Fast Running Blog the best Wink
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 04:51:35 pm by Josse » Logged
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 04:15:59 pm »

I've worked expos before for my race course maps, and it's very very tiring. Not just physically from all the standing, but also mentally and emotionally, as you're talking to tons of people, trying to sell your product, be charming, etc. etc.

I would suggest that you get people to take shifts no longer than 1 hour. But if you're there the whole day, you may as well add 5 minutes to your finish time the next day.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 06:16:36 pm »

Yes, this would have to be somebody who is not running the race. Free ride from Provo and back + accommodations can be provided if necessary.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: