Fast Running Blog
May 21, 2024, 01:58:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I put a picture or avatar on the blog? I uploaded one but it didn't work  (Read 5408 times)
maryannsc
« on: September 02, 2008, 08:33:50 am »

I uploaded one, but I don't see it anywhere.  Why doesn't anyone have their pics on this site?  Is it dangerous?  I'd like to know who you guys are so I can recognize you at races.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 08:35:49 am »

Dangerous?  I doubt it.  Most people have their pics on their own blog, but most don't use them on the discussion board.  Don't know why.  As you can see, I obviously have my own picture on this one.  Yup, that's me!
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 09:28:19 am »

I have had trouble uploading avatars to this board, so I just link to an outside URL instead. I think it may be a bug.

As far as my real photo, I don't care if people know what I look like, so I'd rather post something hilarious instead, such as dancing Mugatu.
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 12:19:34 pm »

Mary Ann - Are you going to join the blog or what  Cheesy

Seriously, though, it's just a hugely supportive running community.  We even have a couple of Sojourners on the blog.  Although I have only run two marathons so far, from the collective experiences of my blog mates, I feel more like someone who's run 8 or so.  Their experience becomes my pseudo-experience. 
Scott Zincone
Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 03:11:11 pm »

Dangerous?  I doubt it.  Most people have their pics on their own blog, but most don't use them on the discussion board.  Don't know why.  As you can see, I obviously have my own picture on this one.  Yup, that's me!

Jon, I still remember the day my wife was looking over my shoulder while on the forum and she saw your avatar.  She said something like who is that weird looking guy you are talking too?

I said that is no ordinary person, it's Hulk Hogan !  She is still clueless I bet.

Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 08:11:12 pm »

Grin

Although sometimes I wonder how many people on the blog don't recognize Hulk from the picture.  What is this world coming to?
Scott Zincone
Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 08:44:10 pm »

Maybe you should show his "24 inch pythons"

Kory Wheatley
Posting Member

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 04:32:23 pm »

Jon -  The Hulk recently got a divorce.  They were married for along time.  I've actually see him in person about 10 feet away, and have watched one of his matches when he was with the NWO.  I watched this down in Salt Lake.
Dale
Posting Member

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 05:09:12 pm »

My wife worked at a fast food restaurant in Florida as a teen that served chicken (I can't recall the name).  One day, the Hulkster walked in and ordered something that they were out of.  Evidently, he got a bit angry ('roid rage?), picked up the cash register (big and heavy back then), slammed it onto the counter (denting the stainless steel), and stormed off grumbling and cursing. 

Guess he really, really, really, really, really wanted that special chicken blend. 
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 06:46:29 pm »

Good avatar Dale. From the old arcade game?
Scott Zincone
Posting Member

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 07:34:45 pm »

Dale - Isn't that from Dragon's Lair ?  I have no idea how I can remember that title.  It was a game ahead of its time if I remember correctly.

Dale
Posting Member

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 07:32:41 am »

Yup, that'd be Dirk the Daring from Dragon's Lair.  A classic.  I believe it was the first animated video games made.  I'll admit that the machine at the mall swallowed more quarters than I care to remember but I eventually managed to learn the correct sequences to where I could finish the game regularly.
Benn Griffin
Posting Member

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 07:58:08 pm »

I can't upload an avatar.. it keeps giving me error messages. Can someone send the link to do so?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: