Fast Running Blog
May 20, 2024, 03:35:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: soaked socks  (Read 3402 times)
dave rockness
Posting Member

« on: August 01, 2008, 07:34:55 am »

Any suggestions on how to overcome soaked socks on the long run?  I sweat like a moose and by mile 15 my socks are just drenched.  You can literally hear the squishing sound and my feet feel like five lbs heavier each.  Currently I used the really thin, "dry wick" socks and have experimented with many brands.   What works for any of you folks?
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 08:19:00 am »

Never used them personally, but the recent female winner of Badwater ultramarathon swears by drymax socks for moisture and blister prevention.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 10:47:00 am »

I have not had any blister problems wearing racing flats since I started to train in Five Fingers. I used to get blisters in the marathon. So perhaps rougher feet could solve this problem.
Maria Imas
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 04:08:07 am »

I've used Ultimax Triathlon thin socks for marathons and long runs, and never had a problem. Have you tried them? But I suspect my feet don't sweat quite as much as yours. It may be just one of those things that you have to experiment with, try as many brands as you can. I would think that the thinner the sock the better it will handle the problem, as opposed to thicker, multilayered ones.
dave rockness
Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 08:04:31 pm »

blisters aren't the problem...just sweat.  I'll experiment with suggestions. 
James Winzenz
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 03:12:25 pm »

wear a fanny pack with an extra pair of socks and change socks at mile 15? (j/k) Grin

Seriously, my feet get fairly sweaty too, but I have never had problems with blisters wearing either 1) wrightsock double-layer socks or 2) the nike drymax? elite socks that Lybi got me for my birthday last year.  The Nike socks are not double-layer, but are definitely moisture wicking and extremely light.  Every other sock I have worn has given me problems - either too thick or wrong material.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: