Fast Running Blog
May 21, 2024, 05:52:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Acupuncture  (Read 3099 times)
Jim M
Lurker

« on: April 02, 2008, 09:41:32 pm »

Okay I am desperate here I have extreme heal pain (x-rayed no stress fracture) from an old ankle injury that flared back up. I have been pool running and spinning for a month with some improvement but not enough to get me to the start line at Boston. I am in PT, having massages and sick of prednasone has anyone had any luck with acupuncture?

Jim
Tom
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 09:16:32 am »

Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with the ankle injury. I've never tried acupuncture or know anyone personally who has tried it.

I did recently read a running book where the author had tried it once when trying to overcome a long-time knee injury. I can't remember his exact words but he pretty much compared his experience with acupuncture to be as effective as flushing money down the toilet.

But on the other hand it seems like I have heard stories of runners having good success as well with it. I hope you can find something that works for you.
Jim M
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 10:34:11 am »

Thanks for the response as it turns out I had an MRI Saturday and the result came back a stress fracture so I really would have been flushing my money.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 02:38:25 pm »

Sorry to hear about your injury.  Get better soon.
Jim M
Lurker

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 05:25:39 am »

Thank you, this will teach me next time I sprain my ankle to take the time to let it heal right before I go training for a marathon. On a positive note now I can enjoy Boston and the marathon trials without the fear of killing my race and my Q-time is still good for next year.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: