Fast Running Blog
May 10, 2024, 06:03:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Fast Running Blog Racing Team  (Read 54909 times)
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2007, 10:28:24 pm »

The gear looks great!  I got mine today!  Thanks, FRB and STG.

By the way, I think the singlet will go nicely with my green shorts.  YES!
Ted Leblow
Posting Member

"Don't give up...don't ever give up." - Jimmy V.

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2007, 10:15:36 am »

I may order the Men's ASICS R/D Race Short in Methyl/Phantom which is same color (methyl) as the top stripes. I will see if Steve can get these or not. For a picture look at http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/ASW1515/
Superfly
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2007, 11:36:04 am »

Before we all start ordering our own stuff let's find something that everyone can get and that way we will all match.
Ted Leblow
Posting Member

"Don't give up...don't ever give up." - Jimmy V.

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2007, 06:09:21 pm »

Sounds like a good plan. I will wait to see waht Sasha and Steve want to do.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2007, 06:21:22 pm »

I talked to Steve H today, and he is highly recommending the black Asics shorts for the team. I think he said he'd put them on the website soon. I had him set aside a pair for me.
Dustin Ence
Posting Member

« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2007, 08:17:19 pm »

I have both a black pair and a blue pair of Asics shorts.  I bought the Methyl/Phantom color this summer thinking it would look good with the singlet, (same color singlet we have now) but it ended up being more of a turquoise color and we decided to go with the black shorts instead.  I don't really have a preference I just agree we should all match and look as professional as possible.  My blog has a picture of me with the top and the black shorts.
James Winzenz

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2007, 09:29:13 pm »

The black looks pretty good with the singlet.  Thanks for the insight, Dustin.  I wasn't sure what the shorts would look like, but if they are more of a turquise, then it sounds like black is the best color to use.
James Barnes
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2007, 11:28:42 am »

Well lets figure this thing out then, because I was just about to order Paul and myself some hot pink shorts for Christmas! 
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2007, 11:41:52 am »

After talking to Steve, I'm positive we are going with the black shorts. Let's just plan on it.

Maybe we can bust out pink shorts just for relays, or for big marathons. Kind of like how in college, North Central College would wear their 70's-era pinstripe uniforms only for nationals. They were gaudy, but cool, because they won just about every year. I think you can wear just about anything if you beat the tar out of people every race.
James Barnes
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2007, 11:51:56 am »

Paul, you are right.  I will save the hot pink for a special occasion.  Do these black shorts come in a little longer style than "shorty Jon style"?
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2007, 12:38:12 pm »

You don't like showing off your pasty white legs?  Show em if you got em, I always said.  Plus, you want to minimize weight.
Adam R Wende

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2007, 12:58:47 pm »

Minimize weight and wind drag that is... We should also get a team wax to maximize those pasty white legs!
jtshad

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2007, 02:06:07 pm »

Hey Adam, were runners not bikers...we run with hair on our legs! 

Oh, just remember that Jon is a throwback like John Stockton...pasty white guy in short shorts and look at where he ended up.  We can't all be like Jon.
Adam R Wende

« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2007, 02:15:00 pm »

But that shouldn't stop all from trying!
James Barnes
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2007, 02:46:52 pm »

If you want to go pasty that is fine with me, but I will stick with my good tan and thick hair.  Just because Clyde shaves his legs, and he is like the 4th coolest guy I know, doesn't mean you should fall into that peer pressure.  Besides hair and tan look better with hot pink!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: