Fast Running Blog
May 13, 2024, 09:51:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anemia - Iron Deficiency  (Read 2420 times)
Andrea North
Lurker

« on: November 09, 2011, 10:48:13 am »

I know that several bloggers, including myself, have had problems with iron deficiency. I found this article today that goes into detail about this issue in distance runners that I would highly recommend for those interested.

http://runningwritings.blogspot.com/2011/11/ferritin-hemoglobin-and-iron-deficiency.html
Tyler
Lurker

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 06:28:39 pm »

Awesome info! Thanks for sharing.
Julie Crossley
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 08:54:27 pm »

THANKS ANDREA!!! GREAT READ.  Similar to ones I have read but a little more in depth.  I still can't believe my ferritin was 5 last year!!!  I felt like super women when  I got my IV iron last fall.  After taking oral iron after my BONK at SGM it is 35, however after reading the article I am thinking I had better take it again since I was sick when I got the test done-- Mainly I was still feeling like crap post marathon.  The article stated it could make you show a falsely high result when sick.  Lots of good info.  I thought since I was 35 and not 5 there must be another reason for my decreased energy but maybe not...  I have been watching my diet closely and taking the iron every day for the most part.  I really want to feel like I did last Summer.  Amazing.  : D.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: