Fast Running Blog
May 13, 2024, 03:06:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need advise  (Read 2152 times)
Eric Day
Posting Member

« on: October 10, 2011, 10:14:59 am »

Hi guys, I need some advise.

According to my training plan, I have a 30k long run this weekend. But I have a problem, I will be traveling and it will impossible to do it this weekend.
But since my plane does not leave til after 2:00pm, I can fit in the long run in the morning perfectly.
Now, the real problem is this: I've read & people have suggested that it is a bad idea to run 30k and then hop on a plane for 11+ hours. That it could be even be dangerous.

What do you think?
Should I maybe split the run into two sem-long runs, maybe a 20k (thursday) & 25k (friday)? I cant go longer than 20k on thursday due to time limits.
I don't want to skip this long run, since I'm not sure if I will be able to pull a long run during my trip (I'm off for about 18 days).

Thanks for all & any advise.
 Grin
Jake Krong
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 03:15:29 pm »

Eric if you really want to get in that 30K run, I think you can do it as long as you do the "right" things afterwards... ice down your legs really well, do some foam rolling / massage, and if you have some compression socks, wear those on the plane. While you are on the plan, try to get up every hour and walk to the bathroom... keep the blood moving in your legs. You'll probably still be pretty sore when you get off the plane, but assuming you don't have any predisposing factors that would make you think you are at risk for a blood clot, you should be OK. I've run 18-20 miles and then jumped on a plane that day. Not the best way to recover, but it can be done.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: