Fast Running Blog
May 07, 2024, 11:20:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to proceed?  (Read 2951 times)
Tim
Lurker

« on: May 20, 2008, 12:38:54 pm »

Well I am officially back into running after running the 7 mile leg of the Ogden Relay.  My question now is where do I go from here?  I would like to eventually try and run a marathon but I don't think that will be for at least another year or so.  There is a 10K on July 4th and a 10 miler in August that I would like to run and maybe even get in a half marathon if possible before the end of the year.  Is this possible to up my mileage to be able to achieve this and what is the best way?  Also there seems to be few runners up in the Ogden/Roy area, I'm not one who likes to run by myself all the time and would like to meet up with anyone willing to run with me.
Josse
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 04:02:57 pm »

The best way to train is to be consistant.  Run 6 days a week, start with 3-4 miles with maybe a little bit longer on saturday (this all depends on your current mileage) and work your way up.  You don't need to have anything fast right now just get in the miles.  Fast stuff will only open yourself up for injury, so keep it a nice easy pace.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 04:10:25 pm »

Good thoughts from Josse. As I mentioned earlier, I think you have enough natural ability to run a sub-3:00 marathon in a year if you train right. Keep doing what Josse told you, keep posting it, once a month give us a reminder to review your training. Racing-wise, race everything you can up to half-marathon. I think Chad Booth will be a good training partner for you. He lives in Eden. His blog is http://cgbooth23.fastrunningblog.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: