Fast Running Blog
May 08, 2024, 03:45:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what to do in the next three weeks  (Read 2703 times)
TODD KELLY
Lurker

« on: September 09, 2009, 05:08:03 pm »

So I would like to get some advice from others on there training for the next three weeks for St George, should I do the same miles that I have been doing, or how do you guys do your taper.  I just want to make sure that I am still putting in the miles, but do not want to over do it.  Do some of you do a week taper or two week taper.  Thanks you are all awesome for the help.  Todd
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 06:02:13 pm »

If your legs feel good, keep doing the same miles until 3-4 days before the race. If they feel sore and you are feeling tired, taper gradually for 2 weeks, maybe even 3.
Steve P
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 09:36:50 pm »

I'm running full miles this week. And then will reduce my weekly mileage by 20% each week for the remaining three weeks. But I will keep the intensity of the workouts about the same. Same thing for my long runs. This Saturday I will try to do 18-20 miles. And then maybe 15-16 the next Saturday, 10-12 the last Saturday before the race.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: