Fast Running Blog
May 02, 2024, 10:37:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Notable runs  (Read 3777 times)
Dallen
Posting Member

« on: March 22, 2009, 09:46:45 am »

I know that we have a section of this forum called the "Honor Board" where we can point out accomplishments, but I think it would be nice if we had something directly on the blog where we could nominate entries that we think others might like to read. Maybe we could click a button and the blog name (and referrer) would show up on the sidebar with the lone faithful, lost sheep and recent comments. I think a recurring format like the most recent comments would work great. Right now it might look something like this"

"Holt recommended by xxxxxxx
Holt recommended by xxxxxxx
Holt recommended by xxxxxxx?

This would work great for getting people to read blogs that they don't normally read.

The current honor board is useful, but only a small percentage of bloggers ever read it.   
Tyler Shepherd
Lurker

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 08:45:18 pm »

I would think that we could replace this with the current "hot topics" board.  Just a thought?
Dallen
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 06:43:25 am »

I would think that we could replace this with the current "hot topics" board.  Just a thought?

I assume that you mean the "hot discussions"? Good idea. It would accomplish the same thing, but probably much more efficiently.
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 04:03:47 pm »

On the TODO list.
Dallen
Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 06:30:50 pm »

Cool! I need a raise so that I can donate some money so that the TODO list eventually gets done.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: