Fast Running Blog
May 03, 2024, 02:15:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Request for FastRunningBlog swag  (Read 8361 times)
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« on: September 22, 2007, 06:09:56 pm »

What better way to promote and advertise than clothing items with a logo and web address? I guarantee most people on the blog would buy FastRunningBlog merchandise in support of the site without hesitation. Sasha, this would:

1) generate a few extra bucks for you through sales (although not much)
2) advertise your site to others. Imagine someone winning a 5K while wearing their FastRunningBlog hat with pride. You can turn people into walking billboards for your site.

I think the easiest items to start with are simply t-shirts and hats/visors.

But you need one more thing: a sharp logo.

An idea would be a "logo contest". Whoever creates the best logo would receive a free hat and free t-shirt, when they become available.

Just some ideas. The best way to make the site better is to increase traffic, users, and revenue, right? Marketing!
Scott Zincone
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 06:39:56 pm »

I like this idea.  I would be proud to wear fastrunningblog gear. 

Ted Leblow
Posting Member

"Don't give up...don't ever give up." - Jimmy V.

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 07:37:29 pm »

I have been thinking the same thing. I even mentioned to Sasha that with a little marketing the site could really take off. If you look at all of the races in Utah the top 20 and the age group winners are being dominated by FastRunningBlog members lately. Another idea I mentioned to Sasha was to get Wasatch Running to put FastRunningBlog.com on the back of their singlet in exchange for free ads on his website. So maybe we should start a FastRunningBlog.com Logo contest and then vote on the Logo's for a set period of time.

Sasha I can help out with the marketing piece as I get time if you want. Also I can help set-up the logo contest rules and even help get the merchandise printed. We could list several items to get an idea of what would be the most desired items. Such as running hats, singlets, t-shirts, etc... Would Wasatch or any other running store (St. George?) being willing to sell us the blank shirts, singlets and hats at cost?
Ted Leblow
Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 07:45:45 pm »

Oh yeah and how about a more catchy phrase that goes under Fast Running Blog other than "Free Training Log for Competitive Runners." Somethng that maybe catches a broader range of the blogging community.

Some ideas: "Blog Your Way to Faster Times"; "Run, Blog and Sleep Your Way to the Top"

Ok, any others? Maybe we need a vote on this as well!
Maria Imas
Lurker

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 10:47:47 am »

Ted, I think a slihgtly modified version would be more catchy since it rhymes: "Run and Blog your way to the top!"

I'll try to get my daughter on the logo design (I am completely useless at art, while she is great).
James Winzenz
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 11:25:25 am »

I agree - I would love to see some fastrunningblog.com gear, and would glady wear it.  What about something like:  "Just Blog It", or would that be too much of a takeoff on Nike to invite litigation?
Ted Leblow
Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 05:46:17 pm »

Ok, I talked with Sasha and we will start a poll for the FastRunningBlog.com slogan change and look at a contest for a logo as well. I will start with the poll for the slogan change and then put out requests for Logo's and merchandise requests as I get the time this week. So if you have an idea for either then let me know. I will put these on the running side as it seems it gets more traffic from the bloggers right now. If Sasha does not prefer it their then he can move it back I guess. So look for these on the running side of the forum soon.
Adam R Wende

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 10:01:43 pm »

This is a great idea. I thought it would have been great for the spectators to have seen the group of 6 coming down the canyon at TOU all wearing Fast Running Blog gear.
KellyP
Lurker

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 09:38:51 am »

At the risk of demonstrating my noobiness in the forums, I will revive this topic to ask what was finally resolved on this issue. I plan to run my first 5K on 08 March and would love to have a FRB shirt or hat to display. Are there shirts I can order somewhere?

Also if some has made a standard "advertising" flier I would be happy to make a few copies for distribution. I suppose if an official logo was ever chosen I could create my own flier however I was hoping someone else might make a standard flier and distribute it as a pdf or other common format. Then everyone interested could just download and copy as needed.
AndyBrowning
Posting Member

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 10:09:52 am »

You can order fastrunningblog gear through Steve at the St George Running Center.  Here is a link to the merchandise that is available: http://stgeorgerunningcenter.com/FRB/
KellyP
Lurker

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 06:53:00 pm »

Ah, gotcha. I had seen those in their online store however I didn't know if those actually had the logo on them or were just some of the special deals for the FRB members. I'll have to give them a call on Monday to arrange an order.
Aaron Shakow
Lurker

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 04:06:50 pm »

I'd buy a hat/visor. Maybe a sponsor would be willing to make up a few of them with the FRB logo on the front and their own on the back, and give them away as real swag--e.g. to all FRB bloggers who place in their age category in a race.
adam

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 11:18:35 am »

Bump.

What's going on with the proposed new fastrunningblog singlets and gear? Anything in program? I remember us talking about wanting a new design or something a few months ago...

I still don't even have the old singlet since its almost always been sold out, are there any ordered?
Maurine Lee
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 07:41:15 am »

The new singlets are being made available at races down in Provo.  They look really good and are reasonably priced (I think $8 a shirt).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: