Fast Running Blog
May 15, 2024, 12:59:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: injured marker  (Read 3453 times)
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« on: June 02, 2008, 07:41:14 am »

It would be nice to have a checkbox in the profile sections that one can mark if they are injured. Then perhaps their blog title/link can show up with a different background color, or perhaps show icon (but not a goose-egg or big "loser" symbol". Maybe a crutch.)

A couple reasons for this idea:
1. Injured people tend to appreciate/need encouragement more. I know I always appreciate it when folks "stop by" and give me a word or two of encouragement. Visiting an injured person's blog is like visiting a hospital ward or nursing home. Very much a random act of kindness, almost charity. Flagging injury blogs could help drive traffic there.
2. Injured people tend to fall off the blog. Giving them more motivation to stick around and work through it while being supported could help with retention.

Scott Zincone
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 07:53:05 am »

Good idea.  Last year when I was told I had a stress fracture in my femur I began scouring the Internet looking for information.  Then one day I got a comment on my blog from Scott Browning.  He said he had suffered the same injury and provided me with great advice for recovery.  He also advised me on what questions to ask my doctor and how to rehab through cross training.  Your idea would give people another avenue to "blog" to others about similar injuries.

Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 07:56:14 am »

Good point, Scott. Driving visitors to injured bloggers can result in advise as well. Many people on this site have either experience with the injury or even some sort of background in the medical or healing arts.
Josse
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 08:21:40 am »

This is an excellent idea!
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 03:25:27 pm »

On the TODO list.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: