Fast Running Blog
May 15, 2024, 01:51:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Running Geek Template  (Read 3575 times)
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« on: April 29, 2008, 02:21:07 pm »

Thanks to my old running friend and partner Eric Taylor who just recently joined the blog we now have a new logging template. It is called "Running Geek". His blog is using it, check it out at

http://phoenix.fastrunningblog.com/

Eric is a scientist and loves precision. Perhaps more than the average scientist. One time we measured a stretch for  hill repeats. I told him how many feet it was. This was not good enough, he wanted to know the inches. I asked him why he cared since the measurement of what we actually would run on each repetition was going to vary by a couple of feet or more, let alone the inches. His response was that he did not want to lose any of the precision that was available to us in the measurement.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 02:47:22 pm »

Um... wow.  I'm an engineer and I wish I could change my template to the most simple- "Total Miles".  This one has 12 categories!  Apparently we all have different preferences.  I do like the "Running Geek" name.  But, given Eric's preference for exactness, shouldn't you change the number of significant figures to allow at least 0.0001 mile (6 inch) accuracy?
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 03:19:38 pm »

Um... wow.  I'm an engineer and I wish I could change my template to the most simple- "Total Miles".  This one has 12 categories!  Apparently we all have different preferences.  I do like the "Running Geek" name.  But, given Eric's preference for exactness, shouldn't you change the number of significant figures to allow at least 0.0001 mile (6 inch) accuracy?

6 inch isn't even survey-grade though. <1 inch accuracy reduces the chance of future bridge collapses and space shuttles blowing up during our runs. Also, I think all numbers should only be shown in scientific notation.

Is there a template where I can report my mileage on a log scale? That might be a way to make my training look better.
Dawson Hinton
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 06:05:25 pm »

I would like to post my runs in furlows (sp).  Maybe that would look more impressive?
Jeff Linger
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 08:41:23 pm »

Can anyone help me get a bit more specific about how I should go about determining pace/mile approximations for AT and LT?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: