Fast Running Blog
May 14, 2024, 11:15:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Course Tool Update  (Read 3990 times)
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« on: March 29, 2008, 04:40:40 pm »

Thanks to Dale, we have some improvements in the Course Tool. Some visual changes, plus a new feature - mile and kilometer marks. Also, Course Tool should now work with MSIE, again thanks to Dale.

I really want to bring the Course Tool to the point where people start using it instead of MapMyRun or G-Map Pedometer. Feature suggestions are welcome.
Adam R Wende
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 07:36:33 am »

Sasha, I was like a way to print a full screen version of the maps. Also, to export/print an elevation map of the course? Thanks.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 03:40:19 pm »

Sasha - in order to be competitive with MapMyRun, gMap, and others, one thing you will need to add is a course profile graph. You are already returning the info you need in a html table, so it may just be a matter of plugging it into some sort of php graphing utility.

The nicer profile graphs I've seen allows the user to click anywhere on the profile, and it will highlight that location on the map, and vice versa. I think runstoppable.com had that feature, if you want to take a look.
Adam R Wende

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 04:57:04 pm »

Paul that is exactly what I would like. Thanks for clearifying. Also, I'm finally a full member!!!
adam

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 03:25:12 pm »

another nice feature might be a "my courses" section, so you can look at your personal maps without having to search through everyone else's maps.
KellyP
Lurker

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 04:58:09 am »

Excellent work! I haven't used the course tool often in the past but will give it a good shakeout in the days to come. Any excuse to use my fancy GPS is welcome.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: