Fast Running Blog
May 09, 2024, 04:53:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Boston Marathon 2008  (Read 18775 times)
James Moore
Vocal Lurker

« on: April 07, 2008, 02:38:47 pm »

So who here is running the Boston Marathon?  I want to know because I may need someone to pick up my number for me and then meet me later. Here's the details:
I get in at 3:40pm on Sunday and so might be late if the flight is delayed.
I'll be staying at the Marriot Courtyard near the Boston Common.
So if you live in the area (Salt Lake City) and will be in Boston that weekend AND want to do my a huge favor then please respond

email me at:jmoore@math.utah.edu
or call me in the evening at 801-883-9875

Thanks, in advance
James Moore (fiddy)

Oh, also feel free to discuss anything else Boston related in this space.
jtshad
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 03:03:07 pm »

Walter Brown is running Boston this year, so look him up on the blog (Walter) and send a note.

Good luck, hope you have a good weather year!
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 04:58:28 pm »

You should probably hook up with Walter and work together for a while. You are about the same fitness level.
Adam R Wende
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 09:24:55 pm »

James, Just don't go out too hard. That was the toughest part of Boston for me. It is strange being around so many talented runners in one marathon that you don't even notice how fast you are going. That and the fact that nearly the entire course is lined with fans makes the adrenaline take over early...
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 10:27:27 pm »

Yes, yes, definitely relax at the start.  I went out so fast that I actually hit the wall at mile 15.  It is not fun running 11 miles after that.  Go real easy for at least the first 5-10 miles.
Logan Fielding
Lurker

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 07:20:58 am »

Stop and tell the girls from Wellesley "HI" from me!
koriandjc
Lurker

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 07:41:22 am »

I will be running Boston again this year along with Chris Pusey ( A.Fork) and Doug Cutler ( Alpine) We are staying in Marlboro at the holday Inn. it is about 10 miles noirthwest of Hopkinton and allows us to get to the start without having to go downtown and board the cattle wagons. Hope it is not too hot or too windy. You never know outh there as the last two years have shown.
JC
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 08:56:56 am »

Is Chris Pusey related to Jacob Pusey? I raced against Jacob in the Salt Lake Marathon in 2004, but did not get to talk to him afterwards. And have not seen him in races since.
Craig Green
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 04:44:26 pm »

I ran with Walter a bit on Monday at the oval, and we talked about Boston. We're both doing it. I can do you a favor. I'll be staying downtown at the Hilton.

James Moore
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 08:21:52 pm »

Thanks for the replies guys. I found someone to pick up my number. What are you shooting for in Boston Craig?
Craig Green
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 09:14:27 am »

I'm shooting for a sub-3:00 time. Probably 2:55. The 8 straight weeks of travel messed up my diet and weight a bit, so I'm not optimistic about my original sub-2:50 goal for Boston. My goal is to use it as a good training marathon and pick up a PR in the 1/2 marathon at Ogden in May.
Kory Wheatley
Posting Member

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 10:51:42 pm »

Boston is great.  I lost focus the first few miles going too slow because I was amazed that I was actually running it.  Then I got back on pace.  Just don't let the crowd get you going too fast too early.  Use the crowd support at the end for your adrenaline.
dannerkt
Lurker

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 05:20:50 am »

Hey! I was wondering if there were going to be any fastrunningblog.'ers in Boston! I am also going, to watch the Olympic trials on Sunday (grumble, grumble) and to race on Monday (early women's start). I have yet to order a fastrunningblog singlet though.....
I've been keeping my log on Athleticore but checking in with you guys frequently. So few coming to Boston though?
James Moore
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 10:52:59 pm »

Well I think so few feel the need to run Boston when there's plenty of good marathon's out here. I bet most are running Ogden. I wanted to run because I get a little bored of races with so few people up front. I'm looking forward to the huge pack there. I've also yet to order my fast running blog singlet.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 06:59:29 am »

Chad's blog still says he has some FRB singlets available and he is in SLC- you may want to contact him if you want one quickly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: