Fast Running Blog
May 10, 2024, 07:17:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fast Running Blog is now a USATF Club  (Read 6608 times)
Sasha Pachev
Administrator
Cyber Boltun

« on: March 28, 2008, 02:19:49 pm »

Just registered it yesterday. So we are now official.
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 03:18:25 pm »

What exactly are the implications of this?  What does it mean?
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 04:59:29 pm »

It means we can race in the cross country nationals, right?  But I don't think there are co-ed teams.  It would be so cool to do some races as a team like that.
James Barnes
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 10:05:45 pm »

That is good to hear.  Thanks for doing that!
Jon Allen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 06:35:57 am »

Awesome!
Adam R Wende

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 01:30:40 pm »

Thanks Sasha. That is cool, moving up in the world. I hope Michelle is right it would be great to run a cross-country race as a team again...
Dustin Ence
Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 05:11:48 pm »

Nice to hear.  I think it would be Awesome if we could field some teams in regional and national events.
Tom
Posting Member

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 08:24:43 pm »

That's great Sasha. I really have nothing to add but I think with this post I can finally reach 50 and stop being a NEWBIE!
James Moore
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 11:57:00 pm »

So excited about this!
adam

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 07:51:15 pm »

I don't really know what this means, but I'll jump on the bandwagon! this is AWESOME!!!!!
koriandjc
Lurker

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 07:43:46 am »

Sounds good Sasha.. you have done a greta job
JC
Sean Sundwall
Posting Member

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 10:22:50 am »

Good move. This opens a lot of opportunities for those in the club including Club Track Nationals (ni KC this year) and Cross Country Nationals (Spokane, WA).

One thing Sasha should check into is how/what athletes must do to declare. Since FRB is now a USATF club, I believe each person who wants to be on FRB has to be a current, card-carrying member of USATF. I know for a fact that no athlete can compete in the USATF events without a USATF membership. Also, USATF rules stipulate you can only belong to one USATF club and there is a waiting period from the time you quit one club and are eligible to compete with another.

These rules were part of the reason I opted to not run in AZ with the group because I am a declared Club Northwest team member.

Sasha will need to read the rules carefully. Casual races where it's not a formal USATF event or even a formal FRB event should be fine but they are very strict when it comes to USATF events.

This is not meant to be alarming at all. I would just recommend understanding implications so there are no surprises.
Paul Petersen
Cyber Boltun

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 10:30:45 am »

Yeah, I see this as only being an issue for championship events or team events. XC Nats is probably the pertinent example. Everyone on the team would have to be a current USATF member. When you register for the USATF, there is a spot to enter in your team affiliation. That's probably all it would take.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: