Fast Running Blog
May 20, 2024, 09:34:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FRB is on Facebook!  (Read 2668 times)
baldnspicy
Lurker

« on: February 27, 2010, 10:39:48 pm »

With Sasha's approval, I've created a Facebook group called "Fast Running Blog" to help promote the blog more.  For Utah runners, there seems to be a strong support and community here.  For us outside of Utah, there are fewer of us.  Hopefully, this will help other runners on Facebook to find and begin using FRB and actively contribute to the blog.

Please understand, this isn't meant to replace FRB in any way.  FRB has some great features focused primarily on running, as designed.  But, it would be fun to connect with many of you on Facebook as well.  This group is intended to be one of those ways.

This is the first group I've created and have left it basically "open" at this point.  I thought of limiting the membership to only blog members (having you enter your blog name in order to be accepted) but have decided against it at this point.  I figure anyone signing up probably will also have a blog here. 

I'm completely open to comments, suggestions, criticisms, etc.  Just trying to help get the word out and keep FRB "funky fresh!"
allie
Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 09:13:23 am »

there is already a group that has formed...fastrunningbloggers unite! 

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=74567387032

although, no harm in having two groups! i just joined.  Grin
allie
Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 09:15:36 am »

forget the link, it doesn't work. just access through search.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 09:17:32 am by Allie » Logged
baldnspicy
Lurker

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 06:00:44 am »

Whoops!  I guess I didn't do a thorough enough job of searching here.  I didn't see much about Facebook and since I don't know of a way to search the blogs themselves, I figured a group didn't exist.  I'll have to consider maybe just linking to yours or something...

Thanks for pointing me to the other one!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: