Fast Running Blog
May 10, 2024, 09:19:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: can someone help me salvage my season  (Read 2508 times)
Derek Amick
Lurker

« on: September 16, 2012, 03:29:49 pm »

my 8k's have been horrible this year i was low 29's last year and now each time i cannot even touch 30 minutes.  Ideally i want to get into 27's this year but only have 6 weeks left, can you give me some workouts to help me get faster and maintain mile after mile?  i was thinking 1200m repeats at 4:00-4:05 to start with two minutes rest four times.  I want to dip under 17 minutes and see if i can get 27 this year.
Rob Murphy
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 09:14:53 pm »

Hey Derek.

I just saw this post, checked out your blog and your profile on the Charleston Southern XC page. I ran at Furman back in the 80s and coached track and cross at Berea High in Greenville for six years before moving to Utah. Welcome to the blog.

You need to follow up with some more info on your training over the summer. The more specific you are, the better. You only have a weeks worth of data to go by on your blog so it's hard to give advice. Information on a typical training cycle would be good. Does your coach use a 7 day cycle? Most college coaches would use a 10 day. How long is your typical long run? Looking at the one week you have posted I see a butt load of 200s and some hard 1:30 efforts but I don't see any VO2 Max training or tempo runs.

I an a lot of other people on here would love to help but we need more information.

Hang in there!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 09:16:55 pm by Rob Murphy » Logged
Derek Amick
Lurker

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 06:56:17 pm »

long run typically 10 miles 50 miles average over the summer, this week only did 30 miles on wednesday thursday and friday.  tommorrow we are doing a long run and i am going to do 3:20-3:25 1000 m x 5 when i get home just to see what it does for me
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: