Fast Running Blog
May 10, 2024, 09:22:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Parking at the Ogden Marathon  (Read 2164 times)
Michael Laputka
Lurker

« on: May 10, 2012, 10:55:05 pm »

First time Ogden Marathoner, I'll be driving from Salt Lake the morning of the Marathon.  I saw the parking map on the race website.  Are there any problems finding a parking spot?  How long will it take me to walk from said parking to the bus loading area?  Any other tips you may have will be greatly appreciated, like which roads to avoid, are they any sink holes, quick sand or Grizzly Bears?
Matthew Rowley
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 07:09:01 am »

I have done the Ogden marathon a number of years, and parking has never been a problem.  You will end up walking about 3 to 4 blocks.  In the morning of the marathon the only trafic will be other runners going to the marathon.  The thing you need to be aware of is at the starting line, they never have enough Port a potties.  As soon as you get there use one then about 20 to 30 minutes before the race starts start looking to get another star.  Another thing you might want to plan for, before the marathon they have you prep in this grass field.  The grass is always wet.  Bring plastic bags to put over your shoes or you shoes will be wet when you start.   Wet shoe and socks equal blisters.  The half marathon starting area is better than the full starting area.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: