Fast Running Blog
May 10, 2024, 04:47:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register FAST RUNNING BLOG  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone been to the ST. G marathon - provided pasta dinner?  (Read 3563 times)
Michelle Lowry
Frequently Posting Member

« on: September 20, 2008, 06:44:15 pm »

Is it an ok environment to eat (possibly some of us meet there to eat), and is the food ok?  So long its pasta and not soggy I'm easy.  I just don't want to have to eat standing or wait in a long line.
Josse

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 05:05:20 pm »

I have never been that impressed myself.
James Winzenz

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 12:28:07 pm »

We went there in 2005 and it wasn't that bad - pasta with two different kinds of sauces, garlic bread and salad.  Don't remember how much it cost (something like $7 or $8?), but we enjoyed it that time.  I am debating whether we are going to do that or Fazoli's.  Lybi seems to be more interested in the pre-race pasta dinner.
Craig Green
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 03:51:42 pm »

The environment has that school cafeteria feel to it. Kind of dead, but it would be good if you had a larger group. I was there with 2 buddies last year and we weren't that impressed, but I think they were a bit stressed about it being their first marathon. One thing- they started running out of food so the old ladies were nazis when it came to the bread, etc.

If you want to keep the stress down and not have to worry about finding a place to eat, I would suggest it. I would also say it's a healthier option than Fazoli's. I think it was like $8 a person last year. The line wasn't very long and there were plenty of places to sit.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 03:54:36 pm by Craig Green » Logged
Marcie J.
Lurker

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 08:53:23 pm »

Michelle just come eat at my house, I will make you a gourmet pasta dinner! haha:) or get pasta from Pasta Factory then you wont have to worry about waiting in line, soggy food, wondering who touched it and what they made it with, ect, ect... I cant do those kind of dinners, for some reason it just grosses me out! ( But i am rather picky where I will eat)
MikL
Vocal Lurker

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 09:01:44 pm »

When I called for the room on the Pasta Factory they said they do a buffet style for the marathoners every year and have a lot of people come through. So you might not have to wait too long since they just run everyone through and like Marcie said, the food can be trusted. I must say Pasta Factory can be a little greasy sometimes, so I'd avoid the alfredo for sure. But I think Fazoli's is way greasy and would never recommend it before a marathon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: